5 lbs to go! (5'4" and 45 lbs lost!)

Options

Replies

• emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    how awesome! and inspiring! I am also 5'4" and at my highest. Thank you for your post.
  • ahawk56702
    ahawk56702 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Amazing.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!! Do you eat all of your exercise points and do you go over/under your daily points? I can't seem to lose at all! Congrats again!

Thanks!! When I first started, I used to eat my exercise calories back and as I got smaller, that just didn't work anymore and I stayed the same weight for several months. I knew then that it was time to change things up. So I increased my daily calories and stopped eating back my exercise calories (the exception being on days that I do my long run -- I'll eat some but not all of them back).
  • ehensarling17
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions - have you always been a runner? I'm so impressed by all of your half-marathons! I'm just beginning to run (walking fast, really - someday I'll get there) and every person who gets out there and runs is my hero! My goal is to do 14 5Ks this year. I've only done one, but I live in Michigan and the weather has been AWFUL, so I hope to be able to get back on track once the weather improves.

Congratulations again! You should be so proud of yourself. Way to go!

Thanks!! I used to run a lot in high school and college but I was never this consistent and focused about it. The fall of 2011 is when I decided to get serious about it and I'm really glad I did. Your goals are great!! I make a list of races and goals and just knock them off. You totally WILL get there!
  • fortunate1204
    fortunate1204 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At the end of July 2011, I had hit my highest non-pregnant weight of 180 lbs. We went to an annual family gathering and the photos I saw of myself shocked me - I hardly recognized the person I saw. Shortly thereafter, I started my journey to the healthier and fitter me! I've since completed eight half-marathons and many other shorter races. I battled a stress fracture last year which put me in a boot for weeks and I may or may not have gained back 15 lbs during that time. Whoops. ;) It's seriously not fun RE-losing weight! Spring training is in full force and I am planning to do my first FULL marathon this fall!

As of today, I'm at 135 -- I have just FIVE POUNDS to go until I reach my goal of 130 (wedding weight!)! It seems like it's taking for-ever but I'm going to keep working my butt off to get there! I started in a size 16 pant and recently bought size 4s!!

099583ce-b6dd-4a28-85aa-e3f65cc45715_zps662c04c2.jpg

Congrats!! You're the same height and same "highest weight" that I was (currently at 160), so this gives me major motivation. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Go you! You look so healthy, happy, and vibrant. congratulations!
  • IsaMartinez
    IsaMartinez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing...
  • bsbgales
    Options
    Amazing, u looks gorgeous. Congratulations!!!!
  • shell2belle
    shell2belle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions - have you always been a runner? I'm so impressed by all of your half-marathons! I'm just beginning to run (walking fast, really - someday I'll get there) and every person who gets out there and runs is my hero! My goal is to do 14 5Ks this year. I've only done one, but I live in Michigan and the weather has been AWFUL, so I hope to be able to get back on track once the weather improves.

Congratulations again! You should be so proud of yourself. Way to go!

Thanks!! I used to run a lot in high school and college but I was never this consistent and focused about it. The fall of 2011 is when I decided to get serious about it and I'm really glad I did. Your goals are great!! I make a list of races and goals and just knock them off. You totally WILL get there!

Thank you!
  • missy6744
    missy6744 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, thank you so much for sharing your story. It was very inspirational.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story. Am 5"5' , getting a bit frustrated! Best wishes for your marathon.
  • madmish29
    Options
    Beautiful before & after...but looking a lot healthier after. Congrats!!

^^ This . well done!
  • ehensarling17
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story. Am 5"5' , getting a bit frustrated! Best wishes for your marathon.

Hang in there!!

d11f74156a04a1d8563dd8a465b06d45.jpg
  • xLoveLexi
    xLoveLexi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! We have the same goal weight and starting weight. I hope to be as successful as you have been. Keep up the good work!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!
  • day213
    day213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Love that dress!

I'm 5'4, been everywhere from 200+ to 115 and currently have about 20 pounds to lose. I started jogging last week - 4x a week to start with and a simple goal of at least one 5k this year. Your story gives me motivation to keep going and I hope I look as fab as you when I get to goal!
  • ehensarling17
    Options
    Beautiful! Love that dress!

I'm 5'4, been everywhere from 200+ to 115 and currently have about 20 pounds to lose. I started jogging last week - 4x a week to start with and a simple goal of at least one 5k this year. Your story gives me motivation to keep going and I hope I look as fab as you when I get to goal!

You can totally do a 5k!!! Knock it outta the park! :)
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think your weight loss is amazing and inspiring! You look great! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!