Losing Weight in the Feet?

Options
I've dropped about 10 lbs and I've noticed that the leather flaps(?) on my shoelace eyelets are nearly touching. Is it possible that I'm losing fat in my feet? Has anyone else experienced this?

I really like these shoes (sigh).

Replies

• michellej65
    Options
    Yes I have if you can gain weight there you can loose weight there...
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs up to this point without noticing a difference, but in the last month or two, I swear none of my shoes fit me anymore. It's cool, but dang it, I have lots of awesome heels! lol
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You loose fat from everywhere. My wedding band no linger fits. As well as some shoes. I love it.

Keep it up!!!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    yeh i dropped 54lbs before having two kids and i had proper chunky hands and feet...both became quite skinny as i lost more and more!
  • sweetoblivion314
    Options
    yes i have. I lost an entire shoe size since i started losing weight.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have dropped 33 pounds and all of my favorite leather shoes are loose in width and over the top of my foot. :-(
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Yep, hands and feet, fingers and toes can get slimmer. Cool, huh?:bigsmile:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes, this certainly happens when a person loses a considerable amount of excess fat. Learn to laugh about "walking out of your shoes". When we're overweight, the excess lbs. are distributed everywhere in our bodies.

You're doing great~ keep it going :happy:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow~~ you're a real weight loss HERO for the rest of us. Add me as a friend if you wish. :smile:
    Claire
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've gone from a size 10 back to my 9 1/2 shoes and my wedding ring keeps slipping to the side. Our bodies lose fat in layers.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    absolutely!!!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 20 pounds but in addition from going from a size 34 in pants to a size 26/28 I've gone from a size 11 shoe to a size 10. The tennis shoes I've just tied tighter and am still using them but I've had to say good bye to a lot of my favorite heels.

Congrads on seeing some the the benefits of weight loss.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes! My shoes are all MUCH more roomy than they were when I started. And, although some of that was puffiness from too much sodium in the beginning, I do really well with sodium now and notice my shoes getting continually more roomy the more weight I lose. That also makes sense because I was up 1.5 sizes at my heaviest weight compared to what I had been before I gained all the weight.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Went down a shoe size and no longer a wide width. :wink:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too! Lost a shoe size, a ring size and some in my neck...
  • heathera1980
    Options
    Seriously the first place I lose...that and my fingers! lol
  • michelle01064
    Options
    Now I know why you want to keep those shoes longer:happy: GO YOU!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes my feet went down 2 sizes, although no complaints i liked buying new shoes and the people who got my old shoes appreciated them!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just wait till your socks start falling down too!