Adjusting goals?

Options
Hi all,

To make the last few pounds less daunting and difficult (the last 8 are seriously more daunting than the first 50+!), I thought it would be mentally helpful for me to decrease my calorie deficit from 500/day to 250/day and also set smaller, shorter-term goals so I don't get discouraged. i.e. 125 by the end of Feb, 123 by the end of March, etc. until I reach my goal of 117, aiming for the end of June. It seems like a long time to lose only 8 pounds but with the 500 calorie deficit I was having TOO many binges and knew I had to increase my calories. So, I'm ok with it taking longer if it will be more sustainable.

So my question is: if I reach a goal prematurely should I readjust the goals for the months after? For example, I have already hit 125 and I think I may hit 124 by the end of Feb. Should I then take another pound off of each of the subsequent months? I'm not sure whether it's better to relax and embrace the faster-than-expected progress or not. Either way, I would still have a 250/day deficit. It's more of the mental attitude to me that seems to make or break - what I've written on my "goals" list really changes how I feel day to day. If that makes sense.

Replies

• protein321
    protein321 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Personally I like -500 deficit but do what works for you and make sure it's sustainable.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to say that your avatar almost made me burst out laughing and spray my protein shake all over my monitor. :laugh: