On the Go Breakfast Ideas

Options
So obviously running out the door and buying a muffin is not really the best breakfast in the world, but I often run into the issue of waking up late and not really having time to prepare a breakfast that's reasonably healthy (even just eggs and toast). How do you avoid the carb-overload breakfast options?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    2 hardboiled eggs & a banana (apple sometimes) are my go-to "Oh ****, I'm late." breakfast
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to a green smoothie in the morning. I'll have all my frozen fruit already in a cup in the freezer so all I have to do it dump it, my protein powder, spinach, and some water into my Magic Bullet. Stuffing in the spinach is probably the most time consuming part...cleanup (rinsing out the Bullet) takes all of 30 seconds. Probably five minutes start to finish, and I can drink it in the car while driving.
  • michael300891
    Options
    I cannot even consider the idea of getting up earlier than I need to for food.

I skip breakfast and eat a healthy breakfast when I get into work.

Having a slightly longer fast in the morning is certainly not a problem if your goals are weight loss.

Whatever works best for you though!

Doctoral Researcher in Exercise Adaptation and Metabolism
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Protein shake in a to go cup. You can also cook egg cups (several different recipes- mainly egg veggies in a muffin tin) and freeze or refrigerate and just pop them in the toaster or microwave to heat, grab and go.
  • simona815
    simona815 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I'm pressed for time I grab a Quest bar on my way out the door. Pretty low in carbs and packed with protein.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Make a frittata with lots of veggies, maybe some ham - cut it in to 4. PAck in to tupperware with some olives - breakfast for the next 4 mornings. Next breakfast might just be left over dinner.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    muffin tin eggs

pour scrambled egg mix and whatever else you want into muffin tins
    bake for 15-20 mins at 375
    freeze or store in refrigerator and reheat in the morning
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The night before, I slice strawberries and put them in a small tupperware and in the morning I throw in Fage Total 0% greek yogurt and granola and can bring it with me anywhere I go. Super tasty and very filling!
  • joy9086
    Options
    hard boiled egg is always a good on the go breakfast. Good in protein, or make a smoothie the night before. I freeze my smoothies for a while and before i go to bed, I put it in the fridge.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I pre-make banana bread with protein powder. It has no sugar ( I use Splenda), and I add ground flax. Its super yummy.
    I also pre-make oatmeal in the slow cooker, portion it out and freeze it. I usually eat breakfast at my desk at work every morning. So I grab it and go, and heat it at work.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My grab'n'go breakfast is usually a banana and a granola bar.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1) Overnight oatmeal made w/ greek yogurt, protein powder, and nut butter

2) Can of Eden's Organic black beans, 1 package of tuna, 1 serving of almonds

3) 1 container of Trader Joe's Three Grain Tempeh, 1 grapefruit (or serving of prunes)
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Keep a few old jars and wash them and peel the labels off and keep the lids then the night before put in rolled oats and chia seeds, make up a protein shake (you can add egg white if you want extra protein) chop up your choice of fruit I like frozen berries or banana, grab some greek yogurt and layer them how you want and pour the protein shake in and leave overnight so that it soaks into the oats and chia and then voila you have a quick and easy and convenient brekkie just grab a spoon and go! you can also add cinnamon or coconut as a garnish =]
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ancient Grains Millet toast or a multigrain bagel (Udi's gluten-free have 8 grams protein) and one ounce Neufchatel cheese or 1 Tbs Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar or salt), add sliced fruit for a to-go breakfast sandwich.
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I buy a box of cereal I portion it all out in ziploc bags right away, and grab that w a fruit and go when I don't have time. Dry cereal is pretty good and sometimes I'll get a milk before class if I want.
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    The chocolate protein milk I keep in the fridge to bribe my 2 year old
    Slice of potato bread toast with avocado
    Banana
    Handful of baby carrots on my way out the door

Those are my lazy running late breakfasts. Avocado toast also frequently shows up in my full breakfasts because I love avocado.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've been going with instant oatmeal and fruit lately lol sometimes I make breakfast the night before and just heat it up in the morning!
  • middleton110
    middleton110 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!