Your favorite 100c-150c recipes?

Options
SwampWitch666
SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
I have a hard time reaching my calorie goal, it usually ends up about 100 calories under, so I'm trying to put together a little booklet for myself of recipes ranging from 100 calories to 150 calories per serving... 200 calories tops, but it has to be /reeeeaaally/ freakin' good, guys. Quick and easy or savory and worth the effort, just as long as it's low calories so I can squeeze 'em in.

Can you help a girl out?

Replies

• illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cucumber Turkey Sub
    1 medium cucumber
    1/4 cup fat free mozzarella
    2 oz deli-sliced honey turkey
    1 tsp mustard (I use the smoked bacon Inglehopfer)

Slice the turkey in half longways and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. On the bottom, spread the mustard, then top with the turkey and cheese. Place the top of the cucumber back on and go nuts. A little over what you're looking for, but...

160 cals, 0.5g fat, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 24g protein
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    http://thehealthyfamilyandhome.com/raw-hemp-and-chia-seed-bars/

I did peanut butter instead of almond butter

I also wanted something I could pop in my mouth at the end of the day to fill up needed calories so I cut my batch into 50 little squares and having put the ingredients into the recipe thing on here they came out to about 104 calories (6g fat and 3g sugar) per square. I've got them in the freezer because they are quite soft otherwise.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A smallish apple is about 100 calories once you remove the core.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A smallish apple is about 100 calories once you remove the core.

Yeah, thank you, but I'm not really looking for single food items. I've definitely eaten apples before. I'm looking for a bit of variety. I like trying new things.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

50ml (1.7oz) = about 100 calories.

just sayin...
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Low cal mug brownie (about 115 cal)

1tbs unsweetened applesauce
    2 tbsp morning cup of coffee (already calculated) or water
    2 packets or 2tsp sugar substitue
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tbsp flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    8 semi sweet choc chips

Mix first four ingredients in mug. Add cocoa poder, baking powder and flour and combine. Add choc chips and mix in. Cook on high heat in microwave 50 to 60 seconds. (takes 60 in mine but mine is old) texture is a little different but flavor is good
  • paperfiish
    paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Found this on rippedrecipes.com, really liked it! I modified mine to add sriracha & some spinach with the arugula, and used whole eggs instead of whites. They were denser than if I'd used whites and really rich, but also highly satisfying. With my modification it still only ended up being like 35 cals a muffin or something, so you can easily add/subtract till it tastes good to you without significantly messing with the calories (unless you add like whole cream or something of course).

Anyway, original recipe:

TOMATO & ARUGULA EGG WHITE "MUFFINS"

INGREDIENTS
    1 serving Crisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
    1 cup Egg White
    1/4 cup, crumbled Feta Cheese
    1 grape Grape Tomatoes
    1/2 cup Arugula (Rocket lettuce)

DIRECTIONS
    1. Saute arugula in a pan.
    2. Spray 12 muffin tins with olive oil
    3. Distribute arugula, 2 tomato halves, 1 tsp feta, and 1/8 cup whites into each of the 12 muffin tins.
    4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
    5 Bake at 350 for 25 mins.

NUTRITION
    1 muffin (recipe makes 12)
    Kcal 19
    --- from fat 6
    Total fat 1g (rounded up)
    Carbs 1g (rounded up)
    Protein 3g (rounded up)
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight.

1/2 Boca veggie crumbles
    diced zucchini
    chopped/diced mushrooms
    frozen asparagus
    spray sesame seed oil

Threw it in a pan and cooked covered stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
    Topped with a little Mrs. Dash.
    Veggie amounts vary depending on what you like. I used about 1/2 cup of each.
    According to MFP it was about 120 give or take measurement error.
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HarryMJ
    HarryMJ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being a UK person, what amount of feta is 1/4 cup? How many g is a cup? In fact, this probably goes for all the recipes I see on here. Is it just a guesstimate measurement?
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

just sayin...

This. But I'd go for a small glass of wine!
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Being a UK person, what amount of feta is 1/4 cup? How many g is a cup? In fact, this probably goes for all the recipes I see on here. Is it just a guesstimate measurement?
    In the us we measure by cups or ounces rather than grams. There are 8 ounces in a cup or 16 tablespoons. Hope this helps. If not I would google a conversion chart. This is not a guesstimate measurement.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cheese is typically a 28g serving, if that helps!

Honestly this is why I do graze boxes and naturebox... to get some variety in my snacks! In that range the only thing I can think of is some Greek yogurt with PB2 or a slice of toast (or a bagel thin) with low fat cream cheese or a laughing cow cheese... or a serving of cereal with a little bit of milk... or some egg white omelet.

Oh yeah my frittata was 150 calorie for 1/6th of it... sausage, peppers, onions, but of low fat cheddar, 6 eggs, 100g of egg whites.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    In the us we measure by cups or ounces rather than grams. There are 8 ounces in a cup or 16 tablespoons. Hope this helps. If not I would google a conversion chart. This is not a guesstimate measurement.

It's worth noting that a cup is eight ounces by volume, while calorie counts depend on ounces by weight. This is why most successful people on here advocate the use of a food scale -- cups and tablespoons are very much "guesstimate" measurements, and they don't line up with how the calories in food are calculated. (For example, if a tub of ice cream says that a serving is half a cup [4oz], it means that the calories given are for four weighted ounces; they're only assuming that the given weighted measurement will come out to be a half-cup.)

Most foods in the US are packaged with serving sizes listed as "1 cup (112g)" or whatever, but not all. You'll often find that the given volume measurement and the stated weight don't match up, as well (an example: my cottage cheese says half a cup is 112g, but I get almost a full cup at that weight). It's important to remember that there is a difference between ounces by volume (what a measuring cup measures) and ounces by weight (how serving sizes and therefore caloric contents are calculated).
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    peanut butter fingers:

take first two fingers
    place two fingers together
    dip fingers in jar of peanut butter
    lick peanut butter off fingers
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

just sayin...

This. But I'd go for a small glass of wine!

:drinker:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Slice the turkey in half longways and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.

O.O
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, cups are measurements and grams are weights (which are more accurate) - so there isn't always an easy conversion between 1/4 cup of something to grams -- it'll vary depending on what something is.

I use weights whenever possible because they're way more accurate. UK (and most the rest of the world) really does have it right ;)
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    A big ole spoonful of full fat mayo
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I googled 'feta nutrition' and it pulled up that 1 serving of 1 cup feta (150g) is 396 calories. As someone else mentioned, the weighted # is more accurate than the measurement #, so consider 150g of feta as 396 calories and *roughly* 1 cup, so you could figure out how much you wanted to use and how many calories from there.