how do you track your workout?

Options
jac_84
jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
Hi everyone! Im not sure if anyone has posted anything like this recently but I wanted to ask what do you do to track your fitness?
Im doing some research to find what works best with people and is affordable.

What is important to you to track and how do you track it? whats worked best for you and what do you recommend to stay away from?
I am hoping to find a device that allows to track my daily activity, sleep etc. but im not sure what im looking for exactly lol
Thanks!!

Replies

• sbw10
    sbw10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi- I have been looking as well. Most everything I find is in the $$$ range. I use the treadmill info but nothing yet for my yoga and muscle toning. Try ebay. I look to see what's affordable and then Google reviews. Haven't bought yet because I want to be sure I'm going to stick with this before investing. Good luck!
  • ROBINCAN2
    ROBINCAN2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit this week. It tracks activity and sleep and it interfaces with MFP to record calories and water intake, etc. I have just had it a few days, but several of MFP love theirs. There is a fitbit app for your phone too so when you open the app, it syncs with the fitbit. So far so good as an option.
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    Hello, I recently purchased the fitbit and synced it with myfitnesspal. You may want to take a look at that. There are several different ones available. I have the fitbit one, wireless Activity+Sleep Tracker.
  • jac_84
    Options
    what is the difference between the fitbit force and flex?
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    I am not sure if there is a difference. You may want to visit their store and/or webpage to see if you can make a comparison.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My tracking is a bit old school. I use printable logs. I make them similar to what Bodybuilding.com uses, but I now create my own through Microsoft Word.

I carry 2 weeks of logs in my workout bag and review them before the workout. This allows me to set goals and gives me a red flag if I do not meet the goals. (Current goal is to increase either weight or reps each week; for every exercise) My notes reveal if I am having mental or physical issues, current supplements, etc... I use MFP for tracking weight, calories, vitamins and supplements. I had to get a new pen yesterday, so my costs just increased by about 30%... :tongue:

Here is a link to the printable logs through BB.com. I don't make my own on their website. I either create my own using Word, or I use the printable logs already supplied with their workout programs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/printworklog.htm
  • Evrgrn247
    Options
    I use the fitbit I think its great It works with MFP
  • jms350
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and it works well but it does not track sleep. It is how I track my activity and my fitness level / heart rate. When I want to track my sleep, I use the Sleep Cycle app on my phone. I'm not quite sure how accurate it is, but it works for me. :)
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I use the Body Media Fit Link. Been using it since September and I love it! Tracks my sleep, steps, moderate activity, vigorous activity and total calories burned for the day. Plus I can link it with MFP and track my food through MFP. I can do weekly to monthly reports. The sleep tracker is so accurate its almost creepy. Only downer I'd say with the BMF is that there is a monthly subscription fee of $6.95 and you wear it on your upper left arm all the time, which doesn't always go with the outfit I'm wearing. LOL But, I think it's worth it, personally. I like the layout of the app you use with it and the activity manager on the site is easy to use.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I simply track my exercise and don't consider my moving around in my daily activities as something to track. I use the database to track my calories … I do believe they are a little too generous in most cases, so I do not eat back every calorie. I follow what MFP says I should eat for my weight and sedentary to loose one pound a week. Then I work out, and my workouts allow me a little leeway as far as my caloric intake. I use a heart rate monitor to make sure I bring up my intensity and for no other reason.
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I only track exercise and I use Runtastic. It's a great app that works well with MFP.
  • jac_84
    Options
    i think ive settled on the fitbit flex for the price and features it has. Since I am extremtly active for long periods of time at work I think it is suitable to track it with this. Thanks for everyones input!!! Keep up the great work everybody!!! :)))