250 Calorie Cookie

Options
I am away for training for work, which is nice since I get to stay in the same city as my boyfriend.

Coffee and pastries are provided at break times (lunch we are on our own). Which is great. I mean free coffee.

Bad part is that today and yesterday I ate a cookie with the approximate calories of 250 each.

Since I didn't know pastries were going to be provided I was not able to plan ahead to check calories and I am also new to the calorie counting game and had not come across cookies and their calories before, I am also a bit lax on inputting food into my diary, so it was not until tonight that I realized those two cookies were around 250 calories each. I have to use approximates found since the pastries are from the work cafeteria with no nutritional information.

I think tomorrow I will be able to resist that cookie and other pastries since I now know the calories. And 250 is waay too much to waste on a cookie.

That is a decent pint of beer I am missing out on, all for a cookie I ate just because it was there, not because I really wanted it.

Replies

• laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It happens. Birthdays and such will pop up unexpectedly at work too. Once in awhile, it's okay to indulge with the awareness of what you have to give up as part of the balance. I still eat random junk food from time to time, but having that awareness of what other more filling substitutes are available and keeping track both make a difference in how often!