Nerds and Geeks only please

Options
Hey guys,
I've returned to MFP after putting some of my initial weight back on. I'm Looking for a few like minded geeks to make the process more fun. So if you prefer cartoons to soaps , video games to pubs and comics to newspapers please feel free to add me.

Steve.

Replies

• harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve and welcome back

Not sure how 'geeky' I am but I do prefer reading to soaps

FR sent

Wendy
    :smile:
  • AmNestor
    AmNestor Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex-WoWer who was the best female SSBM player in Norway for a while. But now it's more pubs than video games tho :( so I guess I'm not that "geeky" anymore ...
    But feel free to add me anyway!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    We're already friends but to those replying, I'm trying to be a nerd! I swear!

Board games, movies, shows, anime, cosplay, possibly going around making weird light saber noises....

I've done the FPS thing and was sponsored when I was a youngin...then got hitched and lost my geek ways...now that I'm divorced I'm rediscovering what it means to be a nerd/geek!!!
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Geek proud here. Flying the flag, bannerman. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Geekery? LoTR, Star Wars, Wheel of Time, Browncoat.
    Gamery? LoTRO

I listen to movie scores and call it classical music.

I am always happy to add new MFP geeks to my friend list. Such a different conversation sometimes.

Feel from to send a friend request but let me know a little about your geekery.
  • MissCherrySwirl
    Options
    I play LotRo tooooooo! I'm on Brandywine! Can't say I'm that much of a geek, love fantasy and sci-fi genres. I would prefer to read than go to the pub. I'm a little left of centre being into Vintage, Rockabilly and Pinup, I definitely don't fit into the 'small town' mould of where I live. Add me if you want!
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My husband tells me I'm a nerd. We got married on May 4th.

Currently trying to find a Battlestar Galactica poster to put up in our living room.

Sent you a friend request!
  • GrantTLC
    Options
    Hi there. :)

Huge Geek up here in Glasgow with my hugely geeky girlfriend. Massive fan of sci-fi in any medium, also long-time Marvel comics man. Love Transformers and Doctor Who (Dr Who more these days) and just about everything in between/around/beneath...Board games are the latest passion, but struggle to find people to play with! Huge PC gamer also.

Sent you a request. I've lost half a stone since last Monday, aiming to lose just under a stone more over the next month or so. Good luck with your own weight loss!
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Marvel definitely ftw.
  • AmigosRanger
    AmigosRanger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :D I'm a gamer (which is probably why I put so much weight on in the first place; Dr. Pepper and chips FTW). I tried last month to make my workout more interesting buy playing Skyrim while running on the treadmill. That was probably the scariest thing I have ever done, I would not recommend it. I modified my strategy to just running in place while playing. Jump when you jump, sprint when you sprint. It was pretty effective and fun.

Feel free to add me. It'll be fun getting to know some fitness-gamers like me :D
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Um, there is something inherently wrong with this post. What the hell is wrong with pubs?! I get my geek on at pubs; pub trivia! Plus, I like beer, and I pretend to be a craft beer geek.

I have made great strides in my nerdom this week though. I was finally able to prioritize my time and only play video games for a few hours and actually get some stuff done like dishes and laundry. You know, because sometimes that stuff is important...
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a nerd and a geek lol. I love reading and math is fun. I also have a very horrible obsession with Bruce Campbell and horror movies in general. Loveeee video games.

I forgot to add my love for Star Wars! I totally forgot somehow!

Anyone feel free to add me! :bigsmile:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Do Whovians count?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I might not be geeky / nerdy enough for you people....
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I remember you.:indifferent:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I might not be geeky / nerdy enough for you people....

Have some self confidence, pal! You're TOTALLY nerdy enough for this crowd! You fit in with the most hardcore die rolling, Magic card playing, anime *kitten*, nerds in the land!

'Nuff said. :wink:

I'm all those things but Hentai isn't for me...
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Proud nerd here. Add me if you want!
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    I'm all those things but I do like the pubs.... I don't play MMORPGs any more though because I get too addicted (former WoW addict). I stick to my WiiU and PC. And there's no anime *kitten* for me.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Whovian here and recovering Evercrack/ WOW addict. I have also been known to dabble a bit in anime and Marvel comics.
  • mtnmeister
    mtnmeister Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What this board needs is more nerdy geeks! Well, I guess I qualify! Sci-fi, gaming, tech, comics & graphic novels, etc..