Too Late To Exercise?

Options
Any ideas on when it's too late in the day to exercise? I haven't gotten to do my exercise today, I'm hungry and I'm 8 calories in the red. It's 8:45pm and I usually go to bed around 10pm. Is it too late to do my 15 minute walk aerobics workout or should I just double up tomorrow?

Replies

• treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Working out, even for 15 minutes, wakes me up and ruins my sleep. I skipped tonight too, the day just got away from me. As long as I commit to doing it tomorrow, I can sleep at night :-)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My perspective is it’s never too late. I worked out at 9:00 pm for years (went to bed at 10:30, still do). Now I'm trying to get it done at 8:00 to give me more time to relax. In university I swam at the 11:00 lane swim for 30 minutes but then again I was pretty much nocturnal at that point, bed by 4:00 am after watching the Food network with the now hubby and classes started no earlier than 10:00 am.)

If you are sleepy try doing a shorter workout like 30 minutes b/c you don't want to hurt yourself.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I too think its never too late to exercis. However, you know your body better then anybody. Will exercise keep you awake?
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    funny, I just complained about the same thing:) I plan on doubling up tomorrow... I need sleep for my body to function and lose weight properly... stress makes it worse and harder to lose weight.
  • Kerilovestherain
    Options
    I sleep better after i've exercised. If i dont exercise, I lay in bed and stress over having to do extra the next day.
  • blel0906
    Options
    I walk almost every night...around 8-9 doesn't effect my sleep I find it a great way to unwind...maybe not a good idea to do something too intense as i could see where that could prevent you from going to sleep...
  • nursejennyk
    nursejennyk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I sleep like a baby after a hard workout even having drunk coffee before class. I don't know why but I just do. Normally I have trouble going to sleep
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can sleep after working out, but you have to do what works for you.

We obsess about the daily numbers, sometimes, but we need to keep an eye on the big picture. It isn't one workout or one day's calories, it's about the rest of your life.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It keeps me awake if I exercise too late.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    nursejennyk has got it right, for me....

a good intense workout, and I'm out like a light....
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well, I just had to do my 20 minutes of walk aerobics. I've had one of those stressful days. I didn't sleep well last night, so I was still tired when I woke up. Headache all day, along with a 4 year old who has taken to throwing fits over everything. The workout was great. I feel so much better, even if I did have to wait for everyone to go bed first. Hopefully I can sleep. I probably will be fine, so long as I don't have to get up several times at night for the bathroom after all the water I've been drinking! lol

Thank you everyone for your input.

Kim