Fitness Apps.

Options
Hey guys and gals,

Just wondering what fitness apps you use and recommend (Other then MFP) that help with fitness and weight loss goals?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Not an app, but http://www.healthmonth.com helps build healthy habits through gamification.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club
    Nike+ Running
    Fitocracy
    Fitocracy macros
    Zombies, RUN!
    Zombies, RUN! 5k Training
    iDrated
    Runtastic Pedometer Pro
    Popsugar Active
    Tone It Up
    We Heart It (for inspiration)
    Pinterest (for workouts and inspiration)
  • ellagetsfitnow
    Options
    Thanks i will check these out now :)
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    wow thats a fair amount to chose from. thanks!! i will be checking them out!
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com
    jessica smith tv ( i tunes or u tube)
    Sworkit
  • doubleclick_darling
    Options
    Zombies, Run (as suggested), and then Runkeeper to push through my runs to MFP.

Not really a workout app, but I also use 8tracks for music. There's some pretty good options for workout playlists (one I used and got me into my first jogging in a long while).
  • ellagetsfitnow
    Options
    Zombies run is worth the cost?
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love runtastic to log my work outs. It also links to MFP!
  • doubleclick_darling
    Options
    I got it on one of the discount/sale offerings, so mine was half-price I believe.

For me, I enjoy it. I like the storyline that is going on through it, and the zombie chases and collecting supplies. However, you either need to run your own music in the background (and it won't fade out for announcements/story) or use Winamp to create a playlist for it to use. So you end up needing two apps, which can be a hassle. Also, something I've noticed the past couple of times is that the GPS tracking hasn't been working (I ended up switching it to step counting instead, though I prefer it tracking my distance). But because of the two options, you can use it on a treadmill or outside on the streets/sidewalk/track/trails. The only other really big downside is that you do have to purchase some of the extra episodes if you want more of them (I just recently purchased the season pass to get everything).
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com
    jessica smith tv ( i tunes or u tube)
    Sworkit

This. I definitely love Sworkit. So much so, I purchased the pro version so I could customize my stats. Works on a reward system for completing workouts. I like it as a supplement to my other workouts.
  • Holly_belle
    Holly_belle Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    I use the runkeeper app. I like it because it allows me to log my bike rides
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i was using couch to 5 k for a while, i enjoyed that one. it is inexpensive and a good workout if you're not a regular runner
  • ellagetsfitnow
    Options
    I've Brought it, turning exercise into a game sounds like a great way to stay motivated.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Zombies run is worth the cost?

Most definitely.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm into collecting and monitoring the data.

Pulling it Together
    I log my diet on MyFitnessPal
    I log my blood presssure on FitBit
    FitBit automatically tracks my steps, activity minutes, floors
    FitBit with a coulple of clicks tracks my sleep duration, quality
    FitBit Aria measures weight and body fat, syncs the data over WiFi
    FitBit and MyFitnessPal share data on diet and activity
    Microsoft Health Vault pulls weight, activity, blood pressure, body fat data from FitBit
    Data Integration and Analysis
    Google Spreadsheets can use an API and Script to pull data from my FitBit account. A tutorial by Ernesto Ramirez explains how to set this up. My spreadsheet updates automatically. I've not yet figured out how to get my blood pressure data into my Google Spreadsheet automatically but a couple of clicks gets me a wealth of data on weight, calories in and out, sleep, steps, activity minutes, body fat, bmi. I can set up charts within the spreadsheet that automatically update.

Check out my blog for details: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/
  • AviBZ
    AviBZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyFitness for riding, hiking & walking. Synchs automatically with MFP. The maps, stats and challenges help with motivation.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i use endomondo both on my phone and online
    i'm stuck with a blackberry curve for at least another year and it doesn't seem to have many really good fitness apps
  • awintrich
    Options
    The fitline app provides some decent data that been compiled from your fitbit data...also lets you do some analysis on your data by allowing you to download your data.
    http://bit.ly/fitlineTool
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Map My Fitness. It keeps records, automatically synchs with MFP, tells me stuff I don't even care about (like how many steps I took) AND draws a line on the a map of where I walked, which is fun for me.

You can do other stuff, like log your sleep and other things I don't care to do.

It send me weekly summaries.

Free, too.