whats the best tasting protein powder?

Options
13»

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    So far, my favourite's Cellulor: Whipped Vanilla.

But I always get vanilla, so I'm not a good judge of any other flavour besides vanilla.
  • pinaypanda87
    pinaypanda87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mustletech phase 8. Very fine powder so it dissolved fantasically and the flavor payoff is handsdown my fave. Downside is because the powder is finer than some, it can get messy. Honestly, its worth a little dust on your hands from time to time. It also contains things like BCAAs that help with muscle recovery really well, so any bit helps. I keep a blender bottle with the milk chocolate in my purse at all times, just add water. Then on weekends i like to blend the vanilla with a banana... perfection =)
  • emily2tx
    Options
    My favorite is the shakeology chocolate, but since i can't afford it I use the Chocolate Bluebonnet Whey Protein Isolate. The taste is great, super low sugar, not much junk in it(only 5 ingredients) and has a lot of protein per serving.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    myprotein.com. Great variety of flavours and very reasonably priced. My favourite is natural vanilla (I take whey isolate rather than nomal whey - less fat content)

*addition - I like to stay away from the chocolate flavours because the addition of cocoa reduces the protein value - according to the website I purchase my protein from (myprotein.com)
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The theory, (not mine, I read it in the book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto) is that you burn more fat on an empty stomach. The body is forced to look for fuel elsewhere as there is nothing in the tank. Hence it burns stored fat to fuel your energy demand. You eat shortly after the workout (your shake) so the body doesn't continue this process and eventually go into starvation mode.

Agree if you're doing purely cardio. If you're lifting weights too it's advised to have a little something to be able to push yourself that bit further and stop the muscles fatiguing. Personally, I have a small handfull of almonds or half a banana before working out. Afterwards I immediately have a shake and the other half of my banana.

*addition - do what works for you though. Try different methods for th first few days, i.e. nothing before, something light before like a banana, meal 1-2hrs prior...
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Big Train and Syntrax. i like COFFEE flavored, mocha OR vanilla. These brands have great flavors.
    one of my favs is to chill a cup of coffee ( instant- k cup - whatever ) and then blend with Big Train Van Fit frappe and ice.

Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte is delish without anything added to it.
  • patlebrun1
    patlebrun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Usana Nutrimeal shakes are very good! Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla! A good start to any day, and they have low glycemic index which means you're not going to crave sweets all day long (it worked for me anyway).
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mustletech phase 8. Very fine powder so it dissolved fantasically and the flavor payoff is handsdown my fave. Downside is because the powder is finer than some, it can get messy. Honestly, its worth a little dust on your hands from time to time. It also contains things like BCAAs that help with muscle recovery really well, so any bit helps. I keep a blender bottle with the milk chocolate in my purse at all times, just add water. Then on weekends i like to blend the vanilla with a banana... perfection =)
    you nailed it. love the phase 8. best ever. the last couple times i was able to get a BOGO on BB.com on the 2 lbs. just bought a 4 pounder of choco. a little dust on the hands, do you find yourself licking it off too???!!! i might have to try vanilla next time.