Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• ShredEdde
    ShredEdde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    48 here…Lost 100lbs at 40... now too much traveling and eating out has added back,,,soooo once again it's time… Feel free to add me if you need some motivation.
  • marceed
    marceed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - 43 and have been on and off of this site over the last couple of years. I'm hoping to stay focused this time. I do much better if I track my food and stay faithful to the gym.
  • TheyCallMeMISTERChace
    Options
    I am 46 and MFP definitely helps me.
    Feel free to say hello.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 42 and just joined this site...hoping logging foods and excercise will help keep me motivated.
  • vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 42 and just joined this site...hoping logging foods and excercise will help keep me motivated.

Good morning! One thing I might add is to read the labels of foods you are planning to purchase, or look up the nutrition guide for restaurants you go to. Once you start paying attention to the breakdowns (calories, cholesterol, protein, sodium, etc.) you might be amazed. MFP does a great job of giving you those breakdowns, when the foods are in their database, but that is usually something we do after we have eaten. If you look before hand, you may find yourself making better choices. It helps me!

Mike
  • kiwi_girl2014
    Options
    Yes I'm all of the above lol..Im 43yr and have been trying to lose weight all my life. Keen to chat with those who have battled too.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    turning 43 - anyone may add me if they wish
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    May have posted here once before.. but I'm 44 with 52 lbs lost.

still 40+ to go..

anyone may add me for additional support.
  • Changeat50
    Changeat50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A friend at work told me about this site. I think this will be a great way to track exactly what you are eating. I am motivated in making my weight loss goals.
  • mamamiajones
    Options
    53 yrs. old, work out every day but the old meno-pause has caught me in its grip too. Got on the scale this morning and almost died. Put a nice piece of construction paper on the fridge with my weight on it, decided to start Lent early and this year I will be foregoing the vino. Lord knows how much I would weigh if I did NOT work out! Trying to stay positive. Thanks for starting the post.:wink:
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    We can do this! I have about 75 pounds to lose. You can send me a friend request if you like, love my MFP friends:flowerforyou:
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been here for 3 years :) Lost 36 lbs total and managed to keep them off with the help of MFP and a complete change in lifestyle! You can add me if you like; I'm good for support but don't hang on the message boards too much anymore. Welcome back!!

PS I think it's great to see all these "old" people (their words, not mine) here; it gives me motivation to want to continue in a healthy lifestyle!
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm not actually into the menopause yet, but have some signs of peri-. My weight loss hasn't been as hard as I was anticipating, but there again I hadn't attempted a proper, concerted "diet" in around 25 years. I had a lot of psychological issues to fight with first, but amazingly that seems to have been sorted.
    My weight loss has been slow, but sure, and that suits me fine. I'm rather hoping that my target will be achieved before I get to full blown menopause. Is it inevitable that people put weight on as a result of hormonal changes, or does watchinging food intake and regular exercise help to maintain? Just wondering.
  • kimbarbagallo2
    kimbarbagallo2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 44 and trying to lose at least 50 :smile: lbs. I found MFP & it makes journaling my food & exercise so much easier!! I also joined a women's gym to help. For the first time, I can honestly say I'm motivated to lose! I'm still playing around with MFP, but so far so good!
  • trewyn6509
    trewyn6509 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi 55 here. Started the program in jan after a very scary and serious health issue just about did me in. Been about 6 weeks now I am down 33 pounds and blood pressure and glucose are outstanding. And the kidney functions are back to normal. I have seemed to have stalled a bit this week, but fighting a cold. I will say this program is awesome. 6 weeks ago I couldn't walk up the stairs had to crawl. Now doing zumba twice a week and the other day walked 1.3 miles (managed that in this harsh *kitten* wisconsin winter) I set a goal to do a 3k color run in sept. I am coming back to myself strong. To everyone out there we all can do this. I have 65 pounds to go.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 from Toronto, Lost 35 on Atkins 4 years back, gained most back then Quit Smoking and gained another 20. Quit drinking in December knowing i was going to diet. 224 pounds then, Started Atkins again in January, decided it wasn't what I wanted found this and have been here since the end of January. Currently at 202.6. Walking more than I have in 7 years, and determined to hit my goals and get healthier. Feel free to add me, and if you are in the Toronto area and want to join me walking a half marathon I just registered for the Good Life Fitness Toronto Marathon may 4th to walk the half
  • Nothungry585
    Options
    Hi

I am 53 and have a goal of losing 50lbs. Just started two weeks ago and am taking it day by day.
  • toniistracking
    toniistracking Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    49 and back at it for almost a month now! Down 6 pounds. Love the support from my age group! Feel free to add me so we can help each other out.
  • amv4Him
    amv4Him Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to get back into shape and healthy again after a break from working out. I'm 48 and I think I'm going through premenopausal symptoms. For the first time in my life I have gained 10 pounds in a 2 week period. : p. I have 5 girls and know how important it is to look my best and be a good example but have fallen short the past couple of years.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Will be 55 in April. Just wanting to lose between 7 to 10 pounds. Have put together a workout incorporating the Insanity Workout, the Spartacus Workout and some Leslie Sansone moves along with multiple push up workouts. I have figured out how to do cardio and strength training in one workout and finally discovered that weight loss comes from a proper diet and exercise is primarily for fitness.