Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• amv4Him
    amv4Him Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't quite know how to add you
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    54 here and needing all the support i can get
  • amv4Him
    amv4Him Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds awesome! Would you care to share how??
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Bump!

I'll come back later to read the other 3 pages of posts so I can hopefully make some new friends! Also starting through "the change" and IT SUCKS!!!

I want to eventually be one of those people that say "I feel better than I did at 35" (or something like that). I have about 50 pounds to lose to get back to where I want to be.... PROFILE PIC is my inspiration. That was only about 5 years ago! UGH!

Be back soon ladies (and gents)!
  • arice0127
    arice0127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI- It looks like there are plenty of us in 40's and 50's on here!

I'm 47 and using MFP for the first time (started mid-January, just found these message boards!). I love it!! I love that you don't have to figure out points, or cut out an entire food group! Weight is, and has always been, about a balance of calories in & calories out. I can enjoy the foods I like if I fit them into my daily calories! And I've found new foods too and am moving again! I feel so much healthier. I am totally going to succeed this time!

~Amy :happy:
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We have an AMAZING group of ladies....come join us It's a supportive and uplifting group!

Fifty, Female and Fun!
  • kcofftasims169
    Options
    I have been on the program for 4 weeks and have dropped 9 pounds. I am nearly 52 and a breast cancer survivor, so I was "forced'' into menopause when I was 43. Losing weight at this age is so hard but I am finding that tracking my food intake and consistently working out, especially trying to build muscle, seems to be doing the trick for now. I need to drop about 40 pounds total. It's wonderful to see so many of us on this forum. :)
  • nantnet
    nantnet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will be 45 next month not exited about it but sure prefer alive at 45 compared to the alternative. :)

I have used MyFitnesspal a couple times in the past but seemed like I would lose and then sabotage myself and gain the loss/pluss back. I finally had the gastric sleeve on 10/02/2014 and it has helped me dramatically but I am at the point now that I have to start making good choices and keep track of what I eat because I have my appetite back and so far so good. I am not perfect but for the most part I track daily and excercise daily. My favorite quote is "Crawl till you're strong enough to walk. Walk till you're strong enough to run, then run and don't stop." Best of luck ladies and gents and if you want to add me please do.
  • loveyourvegs
    loveyourvegs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck!
    I'm almost 43, need to lose about 50 lb, have lost about 5 (started about a month ago).
    This website is amazingly helpful!

Feel free to "befriend" me!
  • Beritsmom
    Beritsmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be 45 in April and I have done the same thing. I was doing good and then stopped and gained my weight back. More than will to be here for support. And Menopause is not fun, gotta love the hot flashes.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have been on the program for 4 weeks and have dropped 9 pounds. I am nearly 52 and a breast cancer survivor, so I was "forced'' into menopause when I was 43. Losing weight at this age is so hard but I am finding that tracking my food intake and consistently working out, especially trying to build muscle, seems to be doing the trick for now. I need to drop about 40 pounds total. It's wonderful to see so many of us on this forum. :)
    Hi, I am 55 and have been on MFP for about 2 months. Have lost 5 pounds so far. Tracking food intake and building muscle is so key to weight loss. Love this site! Wishing you success on your journey!
  • BeachBum4715
    BeachBum4715 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I just joined yesterday. I did WW about 14 years ago and dropped about 55 lbs and have maintained all these years. This past year though I gained 15 lbs due to a very difficult year. I lost my husband last year and so I am adjusting to living alone and cooking my own meals but my worse habit is mindless snacking. I felt I was entitled to it for awhile (told myself life is too short, treat myself, etc.). But I know I'm not happy when I'm overweight and my clothes don't fit so I need to get this area of my life under control. Anyhow, I thought I'd try something different to see if that motivates me to stick with something. I'm 51 so getting rid of the weight is much harder than it used to be. Certainly looking for support and someone to help me stick with this. I was successful Day 1, but that's always the case.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 (51 this year) and going through menopause at the moment. II need to shift masses of weight at least 100lbs and about half of that was put on over the last 3 years. I've been dieting for around a month now and lost 7lbs but finding it very hard work. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    reading everyone's stories has been very insightful
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I look to be the oldie here 52 yrs old....

Learn your place. I will be 55 in April. You can be the second oldie:)
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll make the 52 yr olds feel better. I'm 58, but I've decided to start counting backwards!

Okay, now I'm the second oldest.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hello there. 42 here, until july! It's a new day..one day closer 2 our goals. Best wishes 2 everyone on their journey. We can, n will do this! Some days will b better than others..but thats the good thing with 2morow. Its a new day. We r not getting older, just getting better with age. I log daily n my diary is open. Ready, set...go!
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    48 here. Was in great shape until a tibea fracture. Two surgeries and forty pounds later, here I am. If there is a group to join, please add me in!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Jeff
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my late 50's, also struggling with post menopause symptoms. Was also off calorie tracking for a couple of years (started with a little of MFP in 2011, then used SparkPeople for 2 year; had 2 surgeries, then in January went back to MFP. Would love to keep in touch for support! Take care!