Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead question!

Options
2»

Replies

• erica5520
    erica5520 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use the NutriBuller and make a green blend every morning. I am addicted to it, and my stomach feels much better.
    I love the taste, consistency and the amount of fiber I am receiving from blending. Good Luck!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Hello! I watched the documentary a couple days ago, went out and bought a juicer, and 100.00 dollars in produce. I was wondering if anyone has any input on the "Naked" or "Odwalla" juices. Are they good to use?? I'm thinking I want to use those 2X a day and juice with my juicer 1X a day. Any info is appreciated, but please, no negative comments!

My reason for the "Naked" or "Odwalla" juices is because I have realized how time consuming making a juice 4X a day is!

My condolences for getting suckered into that joke of a documentary. It has hidden agendas for money-making written all over it. Never trust a documentary whose conclusion is one specific program or plan that you have to pay money to get in on. Red flags all over the place.

My advice: return that juicer, and eat the $100 worth of produce as real, unf*cked-with, whole food. Your body does not need a reset, it does not need to be "cleansed" or "detoxed" from anything, it just needs good foods at a moderate calorie deficit. Hell, I'll even concede on the healthy part. You just need a calorie deficit. Juice has no special powers over weight loss and fitness that real food does not.
    tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

So much this^^^

That "documentary" was an epic sales pitch though, worked like a charm on a lot of people. Sorry OP, looks like you were one of them. Return the juicer, and eat the veggies.

Rigger
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    FYI -
    Odwalla is made by coca-cola, so when you buy their products you are helping fund big food's fight against labeling GMOs.
    http://www.cokeboycott.com/

Not sure if that is important to you but if it is keep it in mind!
  • EmpoweredMimi
    EmpoweredMimi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No to Naked, No to Odwalla! Terrible for you.

http://foodbabe.com/2013/11/10/juice-labels/
    ^Check this woman out. Amazing. She was the one who started the petition against Subway to take azodicarbonamide out of their bread.

2Bu94uT.jpg
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I agree return the juicer and get a nutribullet if you want something to drink.

At least with the nutriblender you don't get rid of all the pulp and I personally add in lots of protien and almond milk etc so I can hit my daily macros...
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like my nutra bullet! not using it as a diet, just getting more good stuff I need
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat a cookie and take a multivitamin. Isn't that what juice is? Sugar and vitamins? It's not like you're getting the fiber...

And at least with the cookie, you're getting some fat.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Agreed with what almost everyone said here. Return the juicer and go with a Nutribullet if you want something like that. Less mess, less parts, you get the fiber and more options if you're into making smoothies and such. (adding yogurt, nuts, seeds, etc...) The documentary is a crock of *kitten*. Going on a juice diet won't make you healthy. It can do the exact opposite, actually.

Not being negative, just honest. These kittens prove that:

tumblr_mr8szaF4Bd1sdmcomo1_500.gif
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

My condolences for getting suckered into that joke of a documentary. It has hidden agendas for money-making written all over it. Never trust a documentary whose conclusion is one specific program or plan that you have to pay money to get in on. Red flags all over the place.

My advice: return that juicer, and eat the $100 worth of produce as real, unf*cked-with, whole food. Your body does not need a reset, it does not need to be "cleansed" or "detoxed" from anything, it just needs good foods at a moderate calorie deficit. Hell, I'll even concede on the healthy part. You just need a calorie deficit. Juice has no special powers over weight loss and fitness that real food does not.

^x2
    [/quote]

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Dear OP, I think that next time you should do a bit of legitimate research before throwing your money at a product you saw on a documentary. I do realize how convincing they can be, with their promise of fulfilling all of your health related dreams by simply drinking veggie juice, but you were taken quite easily by it all. You should work on that.

With love,

-Reality
  • sixxkitty
    Options
    I agree with most everyone, losing the fiber and valuable nutrients from the pulp is not good. Juicing ONLY is definitely NOT GOOD. You will eventually have to go back to eating normally which will greatly shock your whole system. Nutri Bullet is definitely the way to go if you like juicing. This way you can get all the benefits of the entire fruit/veggie mix since it pulverizes the entire fruit/veggie including seeds where most of your nutrients hide.
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Naked and Odwalla juices are full of sugar, and are primarily created with high sugar fruits. These are in no way an appropriate substitution for the juice made with primarily vegetables as discussed in the documentary. I agree that a better option would be to eat a cookie than drink two of these day.

The arguments about not getting any fiber with juices and the importance of eating whole foods are valid, although I still love juice and feel like it's a great way to get some of the nutrients that I wouldn't otherwise be eating.

That being said, Whole Foods (and I'm sure other natural grocery stores) carries juices that are more similar to the green juices that the documentary focuses on. They're *much* more expensive than purchasing a Naked juice. (Around $7 per bottle.) I love Blueprint and Suja. Both companies are certified organic, and not associated with the lawsuits being discussed. They make delicious juices that are full of vegetables. They also have high sugar juices, so you need to read nutrition labels.

If you're set on trying to juice, I think these are a great alternative. As mentioned by so many others, it's important to know what you're getting from juice (often lots of sugar) and what you're not (fiber and protein and calcium and healthy fats and a lot of other things that can keep you on track). Juice cleanses are a proven way to derail your progress and lose your current motivation.
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I have seen where people have said they have too much sugar in them, but I would think that from the juicer they would have just as much sugar, I didn't think anything was added to the "Naked" Juices.

Hopefully, any juice you make at home would not use nearly as much fruit as is contained in one of those juices. If you're not primarily utilizing green vegetables, a lot of the admittedly questionable benefits will be eliminated.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    in for petting the kitty.

seriously though... I have a nutribullet.. i mix all sorts in it.. green smoothie gets me fueled for the day, but i also love food..

a balance of carbs, protein fats... eat real food.. juicing is fine, but i could never make it the only thing i have.. just like raw.. i eat a lot of raw foods, but i love cooked beans, chilli's and soon to do completely raw

its about finding a balance not following a fad.. something that you can do forever .
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If you can do a juice "fast" and make a sound transition over into maintenance, have at it. It has worked for some, rare as they are.

What causes weight gain after any program, whether something more extreme like juicing, or more sensible like calorie counting and moderation, is simply a poor transition into lifelong maintenance.

Only you are aware of how equipped you honestly are to go from juicing to a sound whole-food weight loss or maintenance program. Be honest with yourself. It is not an easy transition, by any means, if you still have enormous issues with food control and overeating.