Simple Chicken

Options
The other night my George Foreman grill broke. I've never really taken the time to learn how to cook, preferring quick things I can throw together (or my boyfriend's cooking, lol).

What is an easy, quick, healthy way to cook a chicken breast? I feel ridiculous asking this question because I'm sure for most people it's common knowledge, but the only way I've ever cooked a chicken breast is using my George Foreman.

Thanks =],
Ashley

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    A grill or frypan... you could also bake it... =]
  • navs52
    navs52 Posts: 40
    Options
    Yep fry or bake....fry is just George only slower
  • navs52
    navs52 Posts: 40
    Options
    Repost...no way
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Make sure you wash your chicken breast, pat it dry, season it with a little seasoning salt, italian seasoning, garlic powder (or fresh garlic) and pepper. Fry it in a pan with a smidgen of olive oil. It's fantastic!
  • azenga
    azenga Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone =]. I figured it could be fried but wasn't entirely sure, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cooking.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    I always go to Sam's Club and buy those huge bags of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I boil up the breast with a little chicken broth all at once. Then I throw them in individual ziplock bags so I can put them in the freezer or just microwave them for lunch. Don't forget the Franks Red Hot.
  • SailorBoyFoster
    Options
    lol, I cooked chicken breast the other day for the first time actually... I winged it and it turned out alright. I think it would be better if I just baked it though. I fried it :P
  • nica8605
    nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i usually put chicken in a pan preheat the oven to 350 season the chicken anyway ya like and throw it in the oven for 30 mins. i find it simple enough :smile:
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like to wash it, line a cookie sheet (with a lip all the way around it) with aluminum foil (easier for clean up) and place a cookie rack inside. This lifts the chicken up and allows the grease to drip. I then season it with my favorite spices like thyme, garlic, ginger and minced onion and cook at 350 for 1/2 hr then flip, re-season and cook another 1/2 hr. This is really good for bone in thighs legs ect that you get a flat of and want left overs. Many times I just cook those left overs into a hearty chicken soup.
  • azenga
    azenga Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks for the cooking lessons guys =]. i'm getting ready to try it right now, wish me luck =P.