Nerds and Geeks only please

Options

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    My husband tells me I'm a nerd. We got married on May 4th.

Currently trying to find a Battlestar Galactica poster to put up in our living room.

Sent you a friend request!

You got married on Star Wars Day?? That's awesome!!!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Count me out.. I'm not any of those things.
  • neonnitelight
    neonnitelight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek for sure. Whovian, WoW, Engineer, etc.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • mtnmeister
    mtnmeister Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, long time Everquester and short time WoWer, Astroempires, Dr. Who, Browncoat, all the usual credentials ;)
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :D I'm a gamer (which is probably why I put so much weight on in the first place; Dr. Pepper and chips FTW). I tried last month to make my workout more interesting buy playing Skyrim while running on the treadmill. That was probably the scariest thing I have ever done, I would not recommend it. I modified my strategy to just running in place while playing. Jump when you jump, sprint when you sprint. It was pretty effective and fun.

Feel free to add me. It'll be fun getting to know some fitness-gamers like me :D

that's such a good idea!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Do Whovians count?

Whovians always count to me... :flowerforyou:
  • scuzziemoo
    scuzziemoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Proud nerd here, with 3 level 90s on WoW (which probably didn't help my waist line) and an ability to stare at a computer for hours, I'm also looking for more weight loss buddies.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm attempting to be a reformed nerd.

Trying to switch from drinking and playing Wow to eating clean and doing Zumba 2 on the Wii.

Redefining fun is a challenge.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Um, there is something inherently wrong with this post. What the hell is wrong with pubs?! I get my geek on at pubs; pub trivia! Plus, I like beer, and I pretend to be a craft beer geek.

I have made great strides in my nerdom this week though. I was finally able to prioritize my time and only play video games for a few hours and actually get some stuff done like dishes and laundry. You know, because sometimes that stuff is important...

There is something wrong here; when did nerds and geeks become an exclusive club?! There are probably more of my non-geek friends who know about my latest DnD character than my geek friends. Of my less than nerdy friends will come up and say something like, "I just saw the Wolverine movie and I thought he got his claws in that lab place.", and I will say "let me cure that ignorance." As nerds and geeks, it is our duty, our privilege, to welcome all. To break down these barriers and let everyone know that it is okay to roll a 1 from time to time! Just don't let the dice hit the floor. NEVER....let the dice hit the floor.
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    RC Cars and Kerbals qualify?
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Spiderman, Sci-Fi.

Add me :)
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Proud nerd here, with 3 level 90s on WoW (which probably didn't help my waist line) and an ability to stare at a computer for hours, I'm also looking for more weight loss buddies.

I have 4 level 90's and my main is 561 iLvL (with all 3 of my alts being 530 iLvL)...

None of that has helped me but it is a nice brag :)

Haha.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Bradakai/
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have a guild on WoW though I've taken a break from it and haven't played in months. Instead I've been focused on doing gaming videos for my youtube channel, pranking friends on the MineCraft server I play on and playing Skyrim on my PS3.

Added you :) And others are welcome to add me as well
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Count me out.. I'm not any of those things.

That's almost as accurate as me saying it....

giphy.gif
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I'm a "cosplayer in-training" / otaku but not hardcore otaku. I use to game a lot (Gears of War, League, Resident Evil, Diablo III) but I just don't have time for doing much gaming now that I've got full-time hours with my part-time job (it's basically full-time without the benefits). I attend cons, mainly volunteer for the anime ones in my city just because I'd like to keep my loyalty streak (5 years in counting).

Hmmm... What else? Current cosplay I'm working on would be hand making my Sailor Moon outfit as oppose to purchasing such a cheap looking design online, getting my Hitgirl from Kick-*kitten* cosplay commissioned, and attending a Hogwarts meetup I'm hosting with a steam train in the fall. :laugh: I don't own the steam train but the theme of the steam train is "Mysical Magical" for the event so friends and I are showing up as Harry Potter characters or our "OC's." It'd be bad that people would mistaken me for Cho Chang just because I'm asian and a Ravenclaw person. :huh:

Feel free to add me, by the way "they call me Rie," and I've got a long list of anime shows I've watched. I'm on hiatus mode right now since I'm waiting on Fairy Tail, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, more RWBY... Q_Q

I'm a Walking Dead fan though I don't read the comics... But I'm up to date with the episodes!!! >=D

My fitness goal this year is... to get from 25% body-fat to 20 or lower %. -_-;;
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I might not be geeky / nerdy enough for you people....

Have some self confidence, pal! You're TOTALLY nerdy enough for this crowd! You fit in with the most hardcore die rolling, Magic card playing, anime *kitten*, nerds in the land!

'Nuff said. :wink:

I'm all those things but Hentai isn't for me...

Look at us. My avatar is from Lost, my ticker from Firefly.

Your avatar is Juggernaut fighting Wolverine, and your ticker is so nerdy even I don't know what the hell it is.

Face it man. We're dorks. :glasses: <--not cool guy sunglasses. Real actual nerd glasses. Tape and all.

also the pub thing is inaccurate, I almost picked up a hot girl at a dance club, she was wearing an Optimus Prime shirt!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I prefer used diapers to newspapers. . .

I know Amdhal's Law. . does that count? And I also know who Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji was.
  • CatFrogPanda
    CatFrogPanda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Having just watch Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood in 3 days and currently playing Tale of the abyss, 2 pairs of Batman Shoes and pairs of Spiderman shoes. Can't wait for the new spiderman film. I don't play MMO. Stole my boyfriends Xbox360, much prefer olds school games sega megadrive2, N64. love sonic :)
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am a sci-fi and fantasy nerd and a bookish geek. I am not into video games or Manga or comic books but I raised a geek who is into all that and he makes me proud. We are also gym rats though, so does that mean our geek cards get revoked?