Best low cal salad drssing

Options
I would appreciate peoples opinion on the best no guilt, good tasting salad dressing. Store bought or home made. Also, the best salads with protein like tuna.

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you like creamy dressings, check out Bolthouse or Marie's Yogurt dressings. Both delicious!
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar and olive oil with mixed herbs
  • subylove32
    subylove32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is Litefood OPA Greek Yogurt dressings. The blue cheese is so good. Only 60 calories per 2 Tablespoons. I'm excited to try the other flavors.

I find them near the lettuce section with all the cold dressings in the store.

http://www.litehousefoods.com/content/litehouse®-foods-announces-launch-new-opa-litehouse™-greek-style-yogurt-salad-dressings
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    for dressing: olive oil mixed with apple cider vinegar and sesame oil
    salad: baby spinach with egg, avocado, cucumber, baby tomato and maybe chicken if I have some
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse dressings are wonderful. I really like the ranch and salsa ranch.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse dressings are pretty pricey. I like Old Cape Cod light poppyseed dressing. 80 cals per 2TBS and lower in sodium than some Kraft light dressings. I also like any light rasberry vinegairette. On my salads I like romaine lettuce, baby spinach, a pouch of tuna, sprinkle of feta cheese, one cut up hard boiled egg, a big dallop of cottage cheese, cucumbers and broccoli.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love wedge salads. Avocado, turkey bacon, and tomatoes. I LOVE blue cheese lighthouse dressing with these. 2 tablespoons has 150 cals but I mix it with water so it's thinner and goes further. (I like thinner dressing anyway.) And the whole salad usually comes out less than 350 cals and keeps me full for ages. :)
  • 19wilson88
    19wilson88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette. 50 cals/2 tbsp. Really tasty.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The only low cal dressings I like are from Trader Joe's. There's a Champagne Pear Vinegarette that has about 50 cals in two tablespoons and a Light Champagne Vinegarette dressing that has around the same number. They're both really good. I also like the Trader Joe's hummus salad dressing with 80 cals per 2 tblsp.
  • allison_man
    Options
    I'm not really a dressing person, but if I want to spice up a salad I just get Bolthouse's Chunky Blue Cheese Vinaigrette or Italian.

Favorite salad is romaine lettuce, spinach, grape tomatoes, red onion, 1/4 cup of blue cheese (love the stuff). Doesn't even need dressing on it, imo.
  • Howl2013
    Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just buy the Good Seasons Italian packets and make my own with vinegar and oil - I just reverse the vinegar and oil measurements stated on the packet. I've found the low cal bottled dressings tend to have a lot of sugar.

For the same reason I'll use the Hidden Valley ranch packets too - use your own low cal or fat free sour cream and low cal or fat free milk.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i like using salsa on my salad instead of dressing sometimes
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    1 cup greek yogurt + 1 clove garlic + handful of dill + green onion to taste + salt to taste in the blender.
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    salsa is awesome and you can get so many varieties now. Also I like to make chicken salad and eat it on a bed of lettuce so it's like built in dressing. I like mine plain just chicken breast, mayo, and relish and maybe some bell peppers.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    I usually add a full serving of nuts or seeds to my salads for protein since I do not eat meat for lunch. My go to dressing is .5 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar...unless it is my Orange Peanut salad day then I just squeeze the juice from the orange as my dressing.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar and a splash of olive oil.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    My favorite low cal is the Food Club Italian.. 15 calories for 2 TB. I tried the ranch but if I can't have the real thing, I'd just as soon not have it at all and I don't like giving that many calories to just dressing when I could have ice cream later. :)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Others have mentioned the OPA already....I concur! These are also FAB!!! http://www.maplegrove.com/products/dressings/sugar-free-dressings
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm very low maintenance, and I make my salad dressings at home with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, small amount of lemon juice, spoonful of mustard and I'll add any spice I might want after that. If I want it spicy, more pepper, sweet, a small amount of honey. I also recently got a "smoked" spice from Trader Joes that makes the dressing taste like smoked meat which is delicious whether or not there is meat on the salad.

I use very little salad dressing though, I don't eat like 5 tablespoons of olive oil in one salad. That wouldn't make it very low calorie :)