Question on Crystal Light

Options
So far I have heard that even if you use crystal light in your water, it counts as water consumed. Is this a fact or a myth? I hate drinking water but I will if I am exercising but I would rather drink it with crystal light, it taste so much better and it's easier to take in. So does it count as water or not????? Thanks all.

Replies

• sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think you would have to count the calories!! Isn't it like 5 calories per pkg. I would still use it if its going to help you drink water but just watch how many you use in a day!!!

I chew gum all the time and its 5 calories a stick and if I'm not careful I can use 20 calories by just chewing gum!!
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    It counts as water!!!! Why? Because there is no caffeine in Crystal Lite. Anything with caffeine is not good for you because it dehydrates you. They say for every cup of caffeine consumed take 1 cup of water. So, have your coffee then balance with Crystal lite and 1cup of water. Then take in 8 cups of crytal lite and water on top of that. Also, remember that the aspertame in Crystal Lite causes restless legs syndrome. So, dont drink it after, lets say, 7pm. Water it up after 7 pm. Hope this helped. Add me as a friend if you want. Good luck on your journey.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :wink: i agree with e 1 else!! defitely counts as drinkin water! i dont like water either, & i use crystal lite.. i luv the new banana/strawberry hunger satisfaction flavor they came out with! i am acceptable 2 bladder infections. my dr reccomended crystal lite, or usin any other flavoring... i drink the fitness flavors by kroger. they have a lot of flavors 2 choose from. i use them at work; & at the gym.... the calories arent that much!!
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It counts as water. The greater point as a nutritionist, I would not recommend it. It is loaded with nutra sweet, an artificial sweetener that is toxic to the body. There are only two foods that will never enter my body....margarine or any product with an artificial sweetener! Watch the documentary "Sweet Misery" and you'll never eat anything with the word "light" on it again!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback! I will continue drinking crystal light until I can drink just plain water. Hard to do but probally better in the long run. I have to start somewhere, considering I am a soda aholic! It was the only thing I ever drank, all day everyday. My habits are getting better little by little one day at a time.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback! I will continue drinking crystal light until I can drink just plain water. Hard to do but probally better in the long run. I have to start somewhere, considering I am a soda aholic! It was the only thing I ever drank, all day everyday. My habits are getting better little by little one day at a time.

For yrs. I was a TABaholic then Diet Coke and on to Waist Watcher Vanilla Cream soda, now I am doing more H2O. I started with generic Crystal light and kept increasing the water ( watering down the drink) so that now full strength is too strong. My Mom always kept a water bottle in the Fridge and now I try to also < water tastes better cold I found. Persevere, you will make it.:happy:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    It counts as water. The greater point as a nutritionist, I would not recommend it. It is loaded with nutra sweet, an artificial sweetener that is toxic to the body. There are only two foods that will never enter my body....margarine or any product with an artificial sweetener! Watch the documentary "Sweet Misery" and you'll never eat anything with the word "light" on it again!
    Excellent, very enlightening documentary..amazing how what we don't know can kill us. SO much of that info shared in the film really made a change in how I now feel about artificial sugars/ MSG etc. I had no idea how dangerous to our bodies that chemical crap was.