Pre-workout supp?

Options
Hello All!
I am wanting to find a pre-workout supplement to boost my workouts! I have tried Jack3d and it made my skin tingle and i wanted to rip my hair out!! Did NOT like it!!!!
Any ideas for one that maybe wont do that? i want to get more from my workouts, I am getting stronger and want to reach my fitness goals!!
Thank you!! :)

T

Replies

• Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Advocare makes Spark which is less potent and is probably readily available to try from someone in your area. It has about 125mg of caffiene and B-vitamins. my wife prefers that to my NO Xplode lol. Herbalife also makes one that isnt as strong, called prepare. I do half serving of NOX and its plenty for me. id occasionally use some of hers just to have something with less caffiene. havent tried jack3d but heard it was very intense...
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use and like Femfire. Does the job with no jitters or tingles.

http://nutrishopcda.com/tag/femfire/
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! I will check them out.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    beta alanine is likely the culprit for the tingles.
    if you dont like that, i would just avoid PWOs containing it.

all the ones ive tried have it, but i dont mind it so much.

have you tried just a good strong cup of coffee?
  • mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use a pretty simple one - caffeine in tablet form. Way cheaper.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    coffee or soda.
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like buzzerk from complete nutrition or the one i am using now is Neon Volt sold by GNC
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    beta alanine is likely the culprit for the tingles.
    if you dont like that, i would just avoid PWOs containing it.

all the ones ive tried have it, but i dont mind it so much.

have you tried just a good strong cup of coffee?

ok cool!! i was wondering what the ingedient was that created the itchy feeling...so cool i will look for some without that!
    but first--i will try a cup of java first! maybe i wont need to drop any $$ at all!! thanks!! :)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    You could go natural and do a cup of coffee with a chicken breast. That's a good chunk of the active ingredients in pre.
  • Meowser88
    Meowser88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Activefuel by Genuine health or Vega sport pre energizer workout. These are all natural (and don't come with tons of warning labels on them like some of those scary PWO's do) but really work and will not make you tingly! I've tried them both. I like the active fuel better it is a pre and during workout. They are each different so take a look at the ingredients to see which one will benefit you more. The vega has a lot of tumeric in it for inflammation and the activefuel has a small amount of creatine in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Activfuel-Caffeine-Raspberry-Lemonade-Actifuel/dp/B0086AZEBQ

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10?url=search-alias=hpc&field-keywords=vega+sport+pre-workout+energizer&sprefix=vega+sport,hpc,308
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    a very cold shower right before you go to work out. will wake you up and get the blood pumping like nothing else.
  • Trashman13
    Trashman13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll second the neon volt from gnc. Max Muscle has Emerge and it will
    Make you sweat with no tingles and you can sip on out throughout the
    day to curb your appetite
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Coffee

This.
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like the scivation xtend mixes, especially their grape and watermelon...

here's a link to the watermelon: http://www.amazon.com/Scivation-Intra-Workout-Catalyst-Watermelon-Servings/dp/B005CH0DT4/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Z5N118D98KA31B0BSE6
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's the beta alanine that gives you the tingly feeling. Look for a preworkout drink without the beta alanine or as others have suggested, try coffee. Here is an excellent preworkout that is inexpensive. http://www.truenutrition.com/p-995-buzz-saw-30-servings.aspx The only caveat is the company charges around $10 for shipping but it's not in issue for me as I live about 10 miles away and I am able to pick it up from the warehouse.
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    You could go natural and do a cup of coffee with a chicken breast. That's a good chunk of the active ingredients in pre.
    I couldn't do a chicken breast pre-workout. Eating the chicken breast about 1.5 to 2 hrs and drinking the coffee 3-45 min before would work.
  • jseward20
    jseward20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work in healthcare and am exhausted at the end of the day sometimes. Those are the days are when I'm just dragging my butt to the gym....I would like to try a pre workout...not for use all the time but definitely when I feel sluggish. Has anyone tried ON pre-workout??
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    I work in healthcare and am exhausted at the end of the day sometimes. Those are the days are when I'm just dragging my butt to the gym....I would like to try a pre workout...not for use all the time but definitely when I feel sluggish. Has anyone tried ON pre-workout??
    I have tried it and thought it was a good pre-workout, but the taste is not the best. It is a little spicy due to the capsicum extract.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    I love having coffee before a workout.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz71.htm