They called me fat and I don’t even care.

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    Fast forward 10 years- I'm imagining the look on one of their faces when they realize you're the pretty lil mom of the pretty little girl they want to date or take to the dance... he he he- DENIED! **chuckle**

I'm going to go remove my ovaries now... ugh, kids are evil.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I would take their pictures, record the sound and send it to their parents.

Anyway good for you. I was called FatA$$ by a group of grown men this summer. I took it in stride, remained calm, and flipped them the finger. I was less mature then. hehe.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall, I felt pretty good about the whole thing when it happened and I'm still glowing a bit. I would have let it get to me six months ago, may have even shed a tear or two over it. I'm just different now and it feels really awesome. :)

RN - I agree. I'm pretty sure I know what house the little boy belongs to and I plan on telling his parents next time I see them. I didnt want to march him over there with the older kids watching and risk making him afraid to do it next time. :)

Well, no, not right then. Maybe should have clarified. :happy: Anyway, I'm glad you let it roll of your back. I probably would have lost it on the other boys about how they have no respect and they should know better and should be ashamed.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ... and this is why i'm not a fan of kids. :smile:

but awesome for you with that attitude chicky. i wouldve been irate and probably started running after them. :laugh:
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Kids are cruel, however those that participate in these kind of things usually end up getting the same treatment eventually.

You're not getting fit/healthy for them, you're doing it for you so who cares what they say.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Kids are horrible anymore!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    WOW. I would be mortified if i was one of those kids parents. Kudos to you for keeping on & for letting it roll off your back. I don't care what people say, it's hurtful no matter who it's coming from (whether it be a child, or an adult). You've got courage and strength, and it looks good on those kids that you didn't care enough to stop. You handle yourself very well. Also, good on that kid who apologized. That must have been equally as hard.
  • sumirei
    Options
    Wow, I am surprised that there are kids who behaves this way. But the one kid who apologized is a good kid!

It is great that you didnt get bothered by it at all! You did your best and you are jogging for your health!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for those little nasties, must be how they hear mom and dad talk to them. Good for you to not feel bad, I think that would really get to me.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I've had this kind of thing happen several times in my life by kids, college guys, complete strangers.....a lot of people. It bothered me then and I can still pull up the feeling of inadequacy and self hate but something happened the other night.

My sister and her 5 year old daughter were over at my house playing Wii Fit with me. At the end of the night, I weighed myself on it and that little voice said "That's obese" and my Mii got pudgy. My niece's filter was off and she said "You're fat!" (sister says she was looking at my Mii on tv, not me). My niece realized she made a snafu and kinda backtracked saying how the mii isn't skinny like she is (seriously, the girl is 40 pounds and 5 years old.....tiny little thing).

I wasn't bothered by her comment though. My body is fat. I have lost weight and will continue to lose weight. It doesn't change who I am as a person. And even when I do lose the weight and become healthier, all those negative strangers who made comments about me will still find something negative to say because thats how they are- they say whatever they can to put you down so they feel better about themselves.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!