Nerds and Geeks only please

Options

Replies

• LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Anyone else on this thread can add me as well.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options

F THAT! You know how frustrating it is seeing the same people that used to beat me up for reading comics talking about how much they loved The Avengers?? I very much dig that all things nerdy are finally getting their proper respect. But unless you know what the Tesseract Cube was ORIGINALLY called I don't want to hear how big a fan you are of Marvel...by which you mean 3-4 blockbuster movies that everyone loved. I was there during the hard times, man! I bought my 6 copies of X-Men 1 so I could get all the holograph cards. I remember the days when you couldn't even get decent super hero cartoons, much less feature films. I had to watch as the Hulk turned gray and Spider-Man had a thousand ****ty clones. I paid my dues!

Now I gotta see hot girls put on fake glasses and pretend to be nerds, because they think Robert Downey Jr. is hot. Get outta my treehouse!! No stoopid girlz allowed!!

:glasses: :explode: :glasses: :angry: NERD RAGE!!

(please don't take this seriously)

Through the hard times.... crap, I was crying I was laughing so hard at all of this XD
  • caseygrant90
    caseygrant90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Total nerd here, I'll shoot you a friend request XD
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    All you geeks and nerds should join this group and make it more active - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3583-the-geek-squid
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I've returned to MFP after putting some of my initial weight back on. I'm Looking for a few like minded geeks to make the process more fun. So if you prefer cartoons to soaps , video games to pubs and comics to newspapers please feel free to add me.

Steve.

Hey Steve,

I was a geek when we were stil getting bullied in highschool!

But seriously....what's a newspaper?
  • an0nemus
    Options
    Haha I love it, my boyfriend and I said when we get married we need some geeky-ness or it just wouldn't be us, first idea was someone dressed as Frodo...as the ring bearer. Obviously the wedding rings need to be like the one ring...
    Hahaha, that would be awesome!!!

I got married in 96..and the wife ixnayed marching down to the Imperial Death March. A few years later we were watching Star Wars and she goes "oh, that would have been awesome...." I almost divorced her just so I could remarry her again....
  • squisherz
    squisherz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The older I get the nerdy-er I get it that normal?

I pay way more video games, board games then I ever did in my teens and early 20s....

Kickstarted is a great website/app for people looking to help kickstart new games. Have gotten some wicked board game off of there resently.

Feel free to Add
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    <<Has seen the Battlestar Galactica Band perform live TWICE (yes, one time was at a comic-con venue) and attended one Star Wars celebreation (Los Angeles, hubby went to the one in Denver)...does that qualify me??
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Haha I love it, my boyfriend and I said when we get married we need some geeky-ness or it just wouldn't be us, first idea was someone dressed as Frodo...as the ring bearer. Obviously the wedding rings need to be like the one ring...

I got married in 96..and the wife ixnayed marching down to the Imperial Death March. A few years later we were watching Star Wars and she goes "oh, that would have been awesome...." I almost divorced her just so I could remarry her again....

My husband vetoed it as well (we eloped anyway and had a ship captain marry us, but still). That's what I get for marrying a Jedi instead of another Sith!

There's always vow renewals!
  • grrawritsjordi
    Options
    I wouldn't say I am a nerd or a geek, however, I am in LOVE with Star Trek. Absolutely in love. TNG is awesome, DS9 was the best and I am working my way through Voyager right now. (Tried TOS, but I just couldn't get past the first season, I will go back when I finish Enterprise.)

I also like graphic novels and Batman. You can even see the top of my head in TDKR. (I'm short)

I love Star Wars (Boba Fett is my fave), Dr Who and just about anything Science Fiction. I even took a class in college surrounding scifi.
  • djtj14
    djtj14 Posts: 20
    Options
    WTH.........I must not be a geek! I don't know what any of this crap is that ya'll are talking about. I did use to watch star trek though
  • ljs385
    ljs385 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a geek/nerd. My cats are called Tiberius, Ezri and McCoy (incidently I may also be a crazy cat lady...)

Fan of Star Trek, firefly (sob), Buffy, Full metal alchemist, DBZ, marvel movies and thanks to Netflix I'm getting back into x files and sliders.

And yes, DSN is the best Star Trek!

Also a gamer but I stick with the play station.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve!

Major geek here.

Request sent.

Any other geeks can add me as well.

Good luck! ☆
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It annoys me so much when people put Dr Who.... Please The Doctor or even Doctor Who but never, ever dr who. Ever. Like... Ever :grumble:
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft on occasion. Big League of Legends player. Love reading and I watch anime all the time. Addicted to supernatural and watching lost girl now.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    It annoys me so much when people put Dr Who.... Please The Doctor or even Doctor Who but never, ever dr who. Ever. Like... Ever :grumble:
    :flowerforyou:
  • an0nemus
    Options
    True story...

A buddy and I were at a bar for trivia night...a question was:

The only major Star Trek: Deep Space Nine character to NOT have an action figure is?

my first guess was Miles O'brien (who wants an action figure of a pasty white guy?) then I thought "wait, Eziri Dax was introduced at the last season, I bet its her!" So we submitted our answers and when they read the answers to the round we were the ONLY table with the celebratory "Wahoo!"

never felt geekier OR prouder.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    LoTR/Hobbit nerd here.

As you can probably tell....

:glasses:
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options

My wife and I were just married in June of last year. She is not a nerd and, knowing this, I threatened a LOTR-themed wedding for about four months prior to the event. We talked about a Frodo bearing the ring; every time she asked what I wanted, I said "the one ring, morder etchings and all; and I even threatened to make her Dad dress up like Gandalf, my Dad dress up like Aragorn, myself dress up like an Elf, etc. I guess she knew I was too lazy to pull it off, but you all know it would be the mad nooch if someone actually pulled it off!

That would be wonderful, I considered some of the elvish headbands on etsy as part of my outfit, the problem is my boyfriend and I like too many geeky things to pick a solid theme, I also want the whole wedding party in converse and for my boyfriend to dress like the tenth doctor potentially haha. I could be like Donna in her wedding dress, ha! But along with lord of the rings we'd be tempted to also include Star Wars and doctor who, and Harry potter lol. Either ways it's guaranteed there will be some sort of subtle (or not so subtle...) geeky theme. We even discussed replacing the theme to walk down the aisle with a Jurassic park theme instead.. :love:
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: x2