Over 50 looking for friends to succeed with

Options

Replies

• fitprincess4333
    Options
    Hi - I am 53 - I just rejoined today, I will send you a request. Anyone else feel free to send me a request would love support!
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 also, would like friends as well.
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello - I would like to be a part of this group. I am over 60 and losing some weight I've lost before (Never stop logging people!).

I love working out and can't wait to get this weight off I regained because it was a lot easier to do when I didn't weigh this much!
  • funkyme
    Options
    Hi Im 52 and joined MFP 2 approx. 2 weeks ago. I decided to join because Im not getting younger and my knees are feeling it. I have 70 lbs to lose and will do it the healthy way, eating less and excercising a little. I just had knee surgery and cannot excercise but will get on the treadmill in a few weeks. Wishing you all a healthy weight loss..remember its not only about the pounds shed but mostly doing it the healthy way...Goood luck to you and all!
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I noticed most people were putting more than just, I'm over 50 add me.
    So, here is my bit. I will be 54 in April. I am a 2 time, 2 type cancer survivor.
    Most of my "spare parts" seem to be missing.

I have lost 33 lbs on my fitness pal, and want to lose a bit more.

I would love to have friends to help encourage and motivate each other.
    Also, to keep me on track when I ever do reach my goal weight.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i am new to MFP and am 53 - I could use a few friends to share the journey with!
  • funkyme
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Reading all the posts, I feel like I'm reading my own story. 60 here. Joined last August after getting my diet from my doctor. I would love to have friends to encourage and get some encouragement from. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. Thnx.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    50 years old. . .TODAY! I was on MFP a couple of years ago and had lost over 50 pounds then I had some heart issues and went "off the wagon" for a year-and-a-half. Got back to it in mid-January and I'm more committed that ever (or should I be committed, I can never tell).

Anyway, feel free to add me. I keep an open diary and love going to the gym.

You'll find great support here and do great.
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    Hello there, I am 52 and have been on MFP for a litttle over a year. Have lost 61.5 lbs. I am about halfway done. Please feel free to add me, the more support we each have, the better it is for ALL of us! Much Success on each and everyone's journey!
  • mafuta2014
    Options
    Hello I am new, over 60 with lower back spinal problems that allow only walking and swimming as exercise options, and in addition am insulin resistant. I am trying to be as scientific and informed as I can about losing 30kgs and getting my life back. I don't want to diet - I want to change my eating habits and also lose weight, get healthier. I believe I can knock the insulin resistance into the background and achieve my goals in 2014. I would love to exchange ideas and information with others who are like minded.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been on MVP for about 2 months. I am 55 and have always been active. That said, have gained some weight anyway, have had some injuries, dealing with some arthritis. Have lost about 5 pounds so far...we can do this! Wishing you all success!
  • patricia_dawn
    patricia_dawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, almost 51, determined to lose 75 pounds. Looking for support with people who understand everything that our bodies have been through after having kids, reaching menopause and loving desserts too much. Feel free to add me so we can lose, laugh and sweat together :wink:
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I there. My name is Debbie and I'm 52. I have been a bit over weight for a couple of years and then in December of 2013 I quit smoking and that has put my weight way over the top. Just joined this site today and hoping that I can start losing some of these extra pounds.
    I could use all the help and encouragement I can get.
  • amysant
    amysant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am 55, and would love to join this group. My weight has been up and down over the years. I remember my doctor telling me once that if I wanted to lose weight, I should do it before menopause, because after this is is really tough. Boy, was she right!! I actually eat pretty healthy and exercise several times a week. I think I need to get both of those areas fine-tuned. I look forward to talking with all of you, sharing successes, and providing support.
  • metamurph
    metamurph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 59, I've been watchin' the scale just creep on up there. I've been on here about 5 weeks,and have already backslid and gained a couple lbs. back, when i didn't keep the food diary. But I'm back on track, so that's a good tool for me. I find the stories inspiring. I'm tired of this wretched winter and ready to get outside! I am about done with menopause after 16 years, that really went on a little too long! Count me in!
  • MystiiG
    Options
    I'm 55 and have been actively working to lose weight since the middle of January and I'm down almost 11 pounds. It's hard after menopause and very, very easy to get discouraged. I'm hanging in there though because I really am determined to get back into some of those nice clothes in my closet!
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I, too, could use some more friends to help me along this journey (again). 2-3 years ago I joined MFP and got down to my goal of 115. Then I fell off the wagon and must have hit my head...cause I gained back a bunch of weight...not up to my previous high, which was 158.4 :noway: . So I'm restarting, as of Jan 5th at 147.4lbs. I turned 56 in Dec...I can't believe I'm that old. :laugh:

So if you want to add me as a friend, please do so. :flowerforyou:

JamieDD
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    53, had some ups and downs. Working on getting back in shape again.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I won't be 50 til October this year. Is that close enough? :bigsmile: