HELP PLEASE!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Scooby says my TDEE is 1881 and I know I am eating well below that. And it says my BMR is 1368 and I know I am eating below that. So tell me this......do calories need to be figured daily or weekly? Just for example......if I eat 800 calories a day for 6 days and I eat 2800 one day a week what would be the outcome? I know I am probably reading too far into this but I am just curious. I like my cheat day (I am not eating 2800 calories on my cheat days BTW). :-)

One other question: Why are you eating below your BMR? That's dangerous.
  • ShariTho1
    ShariTho1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Lol! Thats kinda how I figure it but when everyone is telling u eat more, eat more I started second guessing myself. Thanks!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Lol! Thats kinda how I figure it but when everyone is telling u eat more, eat more I started second guessing myself. Thanks!

You're welcome. Just remember to be patient and give it time. Don't second guess yourself, just take a breath and think things through. and ask when you're not sure. You're getting back on track.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Scooby says my TDEE is 1881 and I know I am eating well below that. And it says my BMR is 1368 and I know I am eating below that. So tell me this......do calories need to be figured daily or weekly? Just for example......if I eat 800 calories a day for 6 days and I eat 2800 one day a week what would be the outcome? I know I am probably reading too far into this but I am just curious. I like my cheat day (I am not eating 2800 calories on my cheat days BTW). :-)

Good job figuring out those numbers. Remember they are estimates. To lose weight you need to eat somewhere under your TDEE (below 1881) and above your BMR (above 1368). I'm not sure why you are eating so few calories. With your cheat day and your 800 calories on regular days that only averages about 1000 cals a day. That's too low unless you are under a doctor's care.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's really not that complicated. If you are gaining you are either misjudging how much you are eating or how much you are burning when you work out. Stop focusing on hitting a number and figure out what works for you. People on here tend to be very pushy, the ones that want you to eat more in particular. You need to eat less. You aren't gonna go into starvation mode.

Out of curiosity, why do you discount the possibility of a water weight gain? Especially considering the OP says they gained 3 pounds over a 4 day period of time. Such a quick gain over a short time period seems more likely to be water weight than fat gain, to me.
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    It's really not that complicated. If you are gaining you are either misjudging how much you are eating or how much you are burning when you work out. Stop focusing on hitting a number and figure out what works for you. People on here tend to be very pushy, the ones that want you to eat more in particular. You need to eat less. You aren't gonna go into starvation mode.

Out of curiosity, why do you discount the possibility of a water weight gain? Especially considering the OP says they gained 3 pounds over a 4 day period of time. Such a quick gain over a short time period seems more likely to be water weight than fat gain, to me.

Considering 98 percent of your body is water doesn't any weight gain constitute a water weight gain? I'm just saying if she is gaining weight she is tracking incorrectly, not going into "starvation mode." Turns out the prescription for losing weight isn't always to eat more. I wish it was, I'm pretty good at eating.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Considering 98 percent of your body is water doesn't any weight gain constitute a water weight gain? I'm just saying if she is gaining weight she is tracking incorrectly, not going into "starvation mode." Turns out the prescription for losing weight isn't always to eat more. I wish it was, I'm pretty good at eating.

And sometimes a person can be doing everything right and see a gain on the scale due to hormones, exercise, or sodium causing them to gain scale weight without gaining fat. Especially women who may retain water as they're nearing that time of the month or ovulating.

You're absolutely right that accurate logging is important and the answer to a gain is often to eat less or track better. But sometimes the better advice is to keep doing what you're doing and have more realistic expectations about weight fluctuations.
  • ShariTho1
    ShariTho1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL for your help, advice, and support.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    If you have been taking in less than 1200 calories give your body sometime to adapt. It does take a little while to adjust because your body is hoarding the calories.

Also, there is scientific proof that based on you own eating habits and exercise patterns that you naturally have more skinny days and heavier days. So, don't get discouraged your current weight gain could just be your natural pattern.

Give it time. It you are doing it by the book and not cheating the weight will come off. It just takes some time.
  • Gogogone60
    Gogogone60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will say this...I have to stay between 500-1000mg daily sodium or I gain pounds in water weight and it takes me a couple days to flush it out.. You may be like me...I have to keep my sodium under 1000 mg per day.....
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I glanced through your diary and you are still netting close to 1000 cals on the days that you logged.

Here is what is working for me - I learned this from others on this site and it worked for them:

*eat at a healthy deficit from your TDEE
    *weigh/measure/log every bite that goes in your mouth
    *eat foods you like and learn to moderate your foods to fit in your daily calories
    *find something you love to do and do it consistently
    *have patience and never quit

The one bolded is the one you want to focus on first. Make sure you are logging accurately by weighing your foods. The database if full of obscure entries that are not only incorrect, but sometimes so vague (large banana) that there is no way to be accurate.

Good luck.

Now that's good advice