Lost 13 more pounds with 9 more to go

Options
I lost 13 pounds in the last 3 months and I only have 9 more to go. These last 9 are gonna be so hard with the holidays coming up.

Replies

• grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    wtg!!
    and yes..i totally agree..the holidays are tough for me too!
  • amysambora
    Options
    Congratulations! How did you do it?
  • azulita
    Options
    I'm studying in Spain right now so aside from counting calories, the food here is generally healthier :)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Moderation is the key, even during the holidays. Easier said than done, I know! Stay focused and you will continue to lose toward your goal, even though it will be slower than those first 13!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

My suggestion is when you are faced with treats, really review what’s there – think first eat later. Most Christmas stuff isn't that yummy i.e. gingerbread, fruit cake, generic squares you aren't quite sure what’s in them. Review the scene and have 1-2 small items you know you will like such as a Nanaimo or brownie (guess you see where my food bias is ;) and work-out to keep those fat-packed treats from hitting your thighs.

THE EASIEST THING TO DO IS… bring a Rubbermaid container to work, keep it at your desk. I do this all year round and love it! If there are treats around and co-workers are literally forcing them on you, take them (it’s easier than to say no since saying no to homemade goodies gets taken as a serious rejection by many people and you don’t want to be the office Skinny Bit**), keep them fresh until the end of the day and either bring them home and give them away to your family or decide at the end of the day which treat is worthy of eating rather than just eating the first treat that comes your way.

I’m starting my first bootcamp Dec 6, its runs for 5 weeks. I figured the pain of the bootcamp will keep me motivated to stay on track.
  • azulita
    Options
    OMG!!! That is such a good idea!! I always never want to say no, now I can just save the treats for a later time! No ones feelings get hurt!!! brilliant!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!