Feeling Guilty About Taking A Rest Day !

Options
2»

Replies

• sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    don't over train! take a least 1 or two days off per week. in those rest days if you want to be productive do some stretching or yoga to stretch out those muscles and give them time and room to grow and repair themselves. you can also go for a walk but over training would actually sabotage your workout long term
  • fitandGLAM
    Options
    I choose to eat clean to feel good and fuel my work outs, not just to drop some pounds. And I'm not new here of you've read pay previous posts ... Lol
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I choose to eat clean to feel good and fuel my work outs, not just to drop some pounds. And I'm not new here of you've read pay previous posts ... Lol

all of your 7 posts are from today and they're all about how much you're working out...

...or am I missing something?

You're new here.
  • fitandGLAM
    Options
    New to this site? Most definitely. New to fitness ? Absolutely not. I'm on here for words of encouragement and wise advice, not for people to tell me I'm new here.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    New to this site? Most definitely. New to fitness ? Absolutely not. I'm on here for words of encouragement and wise advice, not for people to tell me I'm new here.
    you're here asking for advice. It's all good, calm down. You got advice. The point was made that you are new to this site. You're asking about fitness, you got answers. It appears that you're jumping into all sorts of brazilianbuttliftrunninginsanity programs.

As someone that's been here for years, giving out advice... the advice that you asked for... it's easy.
    1. pace yourself.
    2. don't take the forums too seriously.

you CAN overdo it. If you don't rest, you don't recover and you'll burn out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Rest Day =/= sit on your *kitten* and do nothing day.

Go for a walk...do some restorative yoga and meditation....

Rest days are necessary for healing...healing is where the fitness magic happens...also, if you over-do it you'll be taking way more than a rest day...ask me how I know.

You shouldn't feel guilty about something that is essential really to proper fitness...it should just be a part of your fitness programming. Feeling guilty about a rest day or a de-load week or whatever is going to lead to all kinds of disordered thinking about exercise just like people do with food.

Hopefully you understand that you can control your weight with diet and the purpose of exercise is fitness...a lot of people don't get that and/or it takes them a very long time to understand this concept and they think they have to do a gazillion hours of exercise all of the time to get results...don't be that person.