Losing weight very slowly, need support group

Options
Hi, I'm Mother of two, 32 years old and currently on depression meds (sertraline) since Nov 2013
my weight have been down and up again and down again a little bit. I exercise 3 times a week, and will increase to 5-6 times a week, I eat clean except when I stress I eat, yess I'm an emotional eater and this weight gain is the result of my depression.

any support will mean a lot to me, thanks :)

Replies

• rhonda6373
    Options
    Hello, I am a 43 year old mom of 2 teenagers. I am on Abilify and sertraline for depression as well, which is making it more challenging for me to lose weight. I also have a slight thyroid problem which probably is not helping either. I eat when I am stressed or bored which I need to learn to get a handle on. I do get discourage by not seeing faster weight loss, but know I need to be patient and keep at it. You can do it! Friend me if you like and message me if you ever want to chat.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me we are all here for the same reason weight going up down affecting our mood how we feel about ourselves, we know what you are going through you are not alone
  • loveyourvegs
    loveyourvegs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here, except I'm almost 43 y.o. The weight comes off so slowly that it's easy to get discouraged and just drop the topic. But today actually I've seen some nice change on a scale. It's still a horrible number in absolute units, but at least I've been shown that this weight can go down. It only needs time and persistence. Feel free to "befriend" me, it's a very helpful website, I love it!
    Good luck!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting with my weight for the last 2 years. It comes off really slow. Any of you are free to add me as a friend.

I have had some success this year but I go up and down and really start to get discouraged if the scale goes the wrong way.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I worked with a personal trainer for a year and even she was dumbfounded by my slow weight loss.
  • starg1rl1
    starg1rl1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you, so glad that I'm not alone in this :)) please accept my friend request, thanks
  • morganmcclure75
    Options
    You can do it! I know I used to drop weight fairly easy, but now....I get excited to just lose 1/2 a pound. You just have to hang in there though, and find something to keep you going. For me, looking at old pictures of myself brings about a sense of accomplishment, also I feel more in confident in myself and stronger as a woman for not giving up and trying to do something positive for myself.
  • Marissaltr
    Options
    Exercising and eating healthy is so hard when you suffer from depression. I know first hand the effects of this. However, I've found that exercising helps keep my mood up. I've begun to even look forward to exercising. Its very stress relieving.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Stress is you enemy too. I was o. Zoloft too after my son was born and gained 12 lbs post partum. I got off it.. believe it or not, exercising will, or should, make your depression lessen.
  • SlowlyLosingToWin
    Options
    I am also a Stress eater. I used to take Lexapro for Depression, but I stopped taking it a while back. So my "mood" eating or whatever you want to call it, happens a lot more than it should. Feel free to add me.
  • starg1rl1
    starg1rl1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yea i will be very happy to lose just half kg at a time at least it will add up to big number in the end. Thank you all for your support and sharing, so happy to find friends in this journey