Replies

• jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Great job!!
  • brigidy
    brigidy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love Richard Simmons videos! I used them last summer to lose 50 pounds. One of the workouts I looked forward to!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jenn8278
    jenn8278 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love that man! When i was younger, my grandmother owned all his workouts, and I did it with her for support. and, darn it, they were fun!
    It's awesome that he has all body shapes and sizes dancing with him, and at the most intense part of the workout, he always looks directly at the camera and says "Don't quit" or something along those lines.
    You have done a fantastic job! Kudos to you! :wink:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    good work OP - I think Richard Simmons is fun but I don't have any of his workout videos
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Options
    Thanks!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My Mom used to have his tapes too! I had them until I donated our VCR last year.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I love him! Anyways his tapes are the only exercise I have done along with watching calories! So far have lost an amazing 112pds!! Anyone else doing his tapes?? If not you are missing out on a fun work out!!

330d176.jpg
    I'd never heard of him till the other day (I don't think he made it to the UK) I saw this program about him what an amazing Guy he may not be everyone's cup of tea but he sure knows how to motivate people.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    OP you should write to him and let him know. seriously, that is awesome. great job!

I think he's awesome. A totally nut but awesome
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    I love Richard Simmons, I still have the routine to "breaking up is hard to do" and "everyone knows it's wendy" memorized. I love him. I had the Take a Walk tape for a long time until it broke - yes an old cassette tape. They don't make it anymore, it was great. I wish he knew how much he has influenced my life since I was a little girl. He is love personified, at least in my mind.
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love the guy! Thanks for the reminder- I dug out the DVD's that I have- Sweating 5, Disco Sweat, Party Off the Pounds and Boogie Down the Pounds. I bought them a while ago and forgot about them.
    I danced to the oldies probably 25 years ago! Time to get dancing again!
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing fantastic.

I had one of his "Sweatin" tapes I used for years. I bought a lot of other exercise videos through the years, but none got as much use as that tape. I tried Zumba thinking I would love it and while it was fun, I ended up hurt in short order. I picked up an anniversary "Sweatin' to the Oldies" set of DVDs for like $15 off of a Best Buy daily deal a couple weeks ago to do with the kids. I'm so glad I did. They're still fun.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Options
    OP you should write to him and let him know. seriously, that is awesome. great job!

I have wrote to him and he has wrote me back!!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Cool!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! Richard Simmons is cool!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

What did he say?

I just bought 2 of his products from the thrift store yesterday. Colors of your life audio cassette set and Groovin in the house.
    I have no idea what they are like yet but if anyone wants a review let me know
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome work.

My brief (well lack of briefs) Richard Simmons happened during Mardi Gras in like 1994 in New Orleans. He was on a parade float and then later we saw him again in the Quarter up on a Balcony. It was an iron one so you could see from below to whatever was above it. So we see him, he's dancing having a great time. Then we pop into the bar underneath the balcony and I happened to look up and I'm almost certain I saw Richard Simmons' balls poking out from under his short shorts.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Options

What did he say?

I just bought 2 of his products from the thrift store yesterday. Colors of your life audio cassette set and Groovin in the house.
    I have no idea what they are like yet but if anyone wants a review let me know

He said this:

Sunshine, you've got the perfect name, sweetie! You certainly brought a ray of sunshine my way today! Hope you are working hard EVERYDAY, keeping this 118 pounds you lost..........AWAY!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

He said this:

Sunshine, you've got the perfect name, sweetie! You certainly brought a ray of sunshine my way today! Hope you are working hard EVERYDAY, keeping this 118 pounds you lost..........AWAY!

That is awesome! I love him & can totally hear him saying that. Congratulations on your loss!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Haha yes I do love me some Richard Simmons. Him amd Leslie Sansone got me off my rear.

Huge comgratulations on a fantastic loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!