Pregnant and looking for friends

Options
I am pregnant and due Sept 2nd so I have put off eating less for the moment. I am working towards eatting for my baby now. I have an open diary now and would love friends who do not mind being honest with me. The doctor told me that I need to watch my carb and sugar intake for the baby because I have PCOS. Since I have PCOS I was not expecting to get pregnant at a high weight. Wonderful surprise!

Replies

• feliciaclark7
    feliciaclark7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am pregnant as well due May 19th. I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes so I have to watch my carbs and sugar intake. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • StarPanic85
    StarPanic85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am due in October :)
  • popshoveit
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a doula and work with pregnant women!

Just change what you eat - don't think of it as "eating less" - eat more delicious things that are healthy for you and the baby.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I ate everything in sight lol! I'm talking big honking cinnamon buns every morning and ice cream every night. I had always been a "starve myself thin" type of dieter in the old days, and I thought "I might as well enjoy this!" and well, let's just say I had quite a bit of poundage to lose after the baby was born. It was hard though, because everyone at work and home was "feeding" me! And you really get into this "oh well, I'm pregnant and I shouldn't diet, I should take advantage of this opportunity to chow down like there's no tomorrow." or at least that's how I felt hehe.

Remember you only need about 200 extra calories. That's a simple snack - an apple and glass of milk or something like that. One very helpful tip I learned was to "make every bite count" and think, if you're putting these calories into your body what kind of nutrients do they have?

I say eat! Eat eat eat, and don't think about eating less, think about eating well!
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    im pregnant also! Due in August and im TRYING not to gain 45 lbs like I did with my daughter years ago. I lost 50lbs before and had been struggling with the same 20lbs off and on for about a year. now that im pregnant with baby number two I need to take it easy and not go to chik fil a anymore! so far its been about a 6 lb gain 14 weeks in. looking for other ladies who are in the same boat and choose to make healthy choices :)
  • Lady_D683
    Lady_D683 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm due in July with baby #2. My first is 16 mths now and I gained 60 with her and lost 50. I'm 20w 4d and have already gained 15lbs I'm trying to only again another 10-15lbs so I don't go over 30lbs weight gain this pregnancy. My SO eats yummy greasy food all the time and it makes it so hard to stay on track. I'm hoping to find other mamas that want to be healthy too!
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this post! I'm due with #4 9/06/14 (though I expect to go at least a few days early since last one was). So I'm 12 weeks along and already have a belly:( I was way overweight with #2 and#3 lost 90 pounds after last one). I'm so afraid of gaining too much weight, exercise has been hard due to morning sickness and fatigue but I'm starting to feel better so I want to try to stay as active as possible. Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • Pearsokx
    Pearsokx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I am here with you. Due in October also. I had a plateau and haven’t loss anything since October/ november-ish my nutrionist started me on a 1400 cal intake the beginning of the month and I actually broke the plateau. Now with the MS, I don’t want the stuff I should be eating and the stuff that I do eat I don’t log out of guilt. So I am with you ladies.
  • dyslexis2
    dyslexis2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm due Sept 5! Congrats
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Im due Aug 9th! Trying to stay healthy and not get huge so it wont be too hard to get back into shape after birth!
  • charlietankmater
    Options
    Hello Pregnant friends!

I'm pregnant as well! Yahoo! This is my second child, and I'm currently 20 weeks and 5 days along. We're having a sweet little girl. My first was a 10lb 23" baby, and I'm hoping my little girl is going to take it easier on me than my son did! What a monster he was!

I gained 40 lbs with my first pregnancy and quite literally lost all the weight + 10lbs after his birth (Walked out 10lbs lighter than when I first was pregnant!) However the years hadn't been too nice to me, and I gained it all back + 15. YIKES.

So far, I've been eating light, and drinking at least 12 cups of water per day. I've lost 14 lbs since first becoming pregnant (and that isn't even accounting for how much gain it's been with baby!)

I'm so glad their are other pregnant women out there workin' on being healthy for their babies, it's really uplifting.

The one thing I'm learning is DON'T CONSUME more than 2000 calories in the 1st - 2nd trimester a day... Only when you hit the third should you up that to 2200. I made that mistake with my last kiddo, and ate way too much.

Good luck out there!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks and trying to control how much I gain. After a 90lb loss I'm worried about re-gaining. I need all the friends I can have! Please feel free to add me.
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm due June 4th and trying to Watch how much i gain. Ive gained 16 pounds so far, & im trying to stay under 35. Feel free to add me!
  • stringbeann
    Options
    Hi Congrats!! I agree with the others posts about heating healthier vs just eating more! Really makes a difference! I am due July 27th with a boy! So far I've only gained about 1-2 lbs since pre-preg weight. Good luck on your journey!!