Flavor Packets for Water??

Options
I was curious if even if I add a half of a flavor packet (ie, Crystal Light, KoolAid, etc) to my water bottle (calories included), does that still count for our water count or is it just plain ole water??
Thus far, I've been really good about drinking just plain water, but here lately can't stand it (unless I'm working out).

THANKS!!!

Replies

• mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I still count it as plain water. I do add the calories to my dairy though. I'm like you I drink it plain if I have to but sometimes I need to add flavor!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Still counts as water. But add the cals to your diary. I do the same thing. I use crystal light pure fitness during my workouts. I can usually do plain water after that, but sometimes I need the flavor too.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It counts as water b/c there is no caffeine. Coffee and pop don't count b/c they are diuretics and dehydrate your body.

I like to put Crystal Light once and a while into my water bottle which is 600ml, I would never use one packet for 1 250ml glass, such a waist and it is NOT diluted in my water bottle.

Be sure to count it b/c 5 calories could eventually ad up if you have a lot in the day plus it usually has a carb or so like gum.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    It's really your choice. Completely up to you. I add them to water everyday and I count it as my water intake and also log the packets to my diary. Feel free to check it out, it's public :smile:

*edited to say that I use 1 packet per 32oz bottle I drink, which is usually 3*
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    def h20! great value grape dink mix (walmarts version of crystal lite) they have packets too... sooo yumo
  • lv2r1de
    Options
    Jessica, the grape is my fave too!! YUMMM
    Thank you all so much for the responses. I wasn't sure how all of that worked since I was adding taste. I definately add the calories! If I don't, the only person I'm cheating is myself, and I've been working too dang hard to lose weight to do that.
    I hope you all have a terrific holiday!!!! And best of luck to you in your weight loss!

Becky :flowerforyou:
  • qtwells82
    Options
    def h20! great value grape dink mix (walmarts version of crystal lite) they have packets too... sooo yumo

I LOVE great value Grape....mmm

I also count it toward my daily intake :)