7 Week Progress

Options
I've had a long history of depression and self-image issues. I finally made the decision on December 30th, after a particularly hard year, to make a change in my life. And it has been an amazing change! I no longer feel depressed (though I do have my off days) and I am much more confident. My relationship with my husband (of 10 years this June) is better than I think it has EVER been.

Now I'm in my 8th week of tracking calories and exercising 5-6 times a week. I have to admit, I'm thrilled with the results when I see them in this photo.

I know I'm in no success category as some around here (love looking at those posts BTW), but I'm proud of my accomplishments. No magic pills, no shake mess, no substitutions. Just good old fashioned hard work and effort. I still have a long way to go, but I know that if I keep at what I'm doing I WILL succeed.

Thanks for letting me share :)

photo_zpsee82d18c.jpg

Replies

• cchavez88
    cchavez88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great! It is still quite an accomplishment. Keep it up!
  • Seascale18
    Options
    Well done - you look great. :)
  • rrloos
    rrloos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • MissJazzie14
    MissJazzie14 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow. You can really see the difference. Good job and keep up the good work =)
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's an incredible change for just 7 weeks! You should be really proud of yourself! You're an inspiration! :smile:
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys :) It's definitely worth all the hard work. And thankfully it doesn't really FEEL like work!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! a massive change in just 7 weeks! you are doing great hun! keep up the great work!!
  • FierceKitten138
    Options
    For 7 weeks, that is amazing!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I've had a long history of depression and self-image issues. I finally made the decision on December 30th, after a particularly hard year, to make a change in my life. And it has been an amazing change! I no longer feel depressed (though I do have my off days) and I am much more confident. My relationship with my husband (of 10 years this June) is better than I think it has EVER been.

Now I'm in my 8th week of tracking calories and exercising 5-6 times a week. I have to admit, I'm thrilled with the results when I see them in this photo.

I know I'm in no success category as some around here (love looking at those posts BTW), but I'm proud of my accomplishments. No magic pills, no shake mess, no substitutions. Just good old fashioned hard work and effort. I still have a long way to go, but I know that if I keep at what I'm doing I WILL succeed.

photo_zpsee82d18c.jpg

How much weight have you lost in those 7 weeks? the change between the two photos is really obvious. The first photo looks similar to where I am at now, but I have been there far longer than 7 weeks!!! Well done, you can really see the work you have put into this.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options

photo_zpsee82d18c.jpg

How much weight have you lost in those 7 weeks? the change between the two photos is really obvious. The first photo looks similar to where I am at now, but I have been there far longer than 7 weeks!!! Well done, you can really see the work you have put into this.

My starting weight was 174 on December 30th. My current weight is 164.5. Not quite 10 pounds, but I'll take it! I have been very sedentary for a long time. So, so the activity is more than likely building more muscle and loosing fat.

I'm in the obese category for BF%, which is my biggest concern and what I'm working the hardest to get down.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Wow, only 7 weeks, you have done an amazing job. Congratulations. Glad you feel better too.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! There's an obvious improvement on your torso and your bum. Keep up the good work!

10lbs down is great to be able to say- but don't get too caught up in the scale. Keep taking photos and measurements as they're a much better indicator of progress.
  • LoveForRunning
    LoveForRunning Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your 7 weeks of hard work & dedication really paid off :bigsmile: Congratulations & keep it up!
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look amazing and you probably feel even better!
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and inspiring!
  • sarahmbm
    sarahmbm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You should be so proud. I have some of the same issues and it's inspiring to see you making the leap.
  • newladykb2016
    newladykb2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sadiyyah70
    Sadiyyah70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing and even better, you FEEL amazing! Thanks for sharing your success to date story...looks like there is no stopping you now:)
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe thats only 10 pounds! Thats amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!