Make the water taste better

Options
Hey guys,

This question is for my wife. When we go out to eat somewhere, she usually reaches for either Diet Snapple or a Diet Coke. She knows that water is better for her, but she wants to know how she can make it taste better. What would be the best and healthiest choice?

Thanks

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Better implies it tastes bad. She's an adult, drink the water.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options

Although this isn't very helpful, it's kind of my same answer. If you're going to add "stuff" to it, you may as well stick with the diet drinks. Maybe add a lemon or lime if you're at a restaurant??
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Although this isn't very helpful, it's kind of my same answer. If you're going to add "stuff" to it, you may as well stick with the diet drinks. Maybe add a lemon or lime if you're at a restaurant??

Lemon/Lime + sweetner...but then you just have flat diet soda. There's always tea
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I load my water with limes, lemons, mint, and/or cucumbers. I'll defiantly drink it without but I just drink more when its loaded w fruits and veggies
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Lemon, lime, cucumbers........
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The more water she drinks the more her body will crave it. So at first she may have to force herself to drink it (the lemon idea is great!). All my kids love water because that is all we had.
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Lemon/Lime + sweetner...but then you just have flat diet soda. There's always tea

Tea is an awesome choice too. It might take some time to get into it but its worth it
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    I do not allow myself anything but my morning coffee until I drink all 64 oz of water. Then I have a diet Dr Pepper. You need to drink water it helps with digestion and absorption of nutrients. I also agree with first reply....
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    my husband carries a Mio water enhancer ( our water is pretty rancid out here) Its ok if its filtered from the tap if its not blech. I usually put a slice of lime/orange or lemon in a 2qt pitcher at home. Obviously cant do that going out but a Mio bottle fits lovely in a handbag
  • MissCherrySwirl
    Options
    I have 2 mason jars in my fridge full of water, one has lemon/lime/orange (about a slice of each) and the other has about 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries. Although I can drink water unflavoured, some days I need a little taste to it for something different. I don't drink soft drink (except for carbonated mineral water in the odd vodka, lime and soda) and I don't drink cordial so this is my little 'treat' I guess you could call it!

At a restaurant I would definitely ask for iced water with a couple slices of lemon.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Barley, hops, yeast ... allow to ferment ... mmmmm, beer.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I like my water better when it is cold. Very cold....so my answer is ice.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I often make "juice" for my toddler which is a fruit herbal tea bag in a jug of cold water (mixed berry is usually the go to flavour)
    you can do that in a restaurant with just the tea bag in a glass of cold water. It does flavour it and when it gets too strong she can add more water
  • frespirt1002
    frespirt1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink water all time. No sodas, no iced tea, no coffee. I find that if the water is cold, it tastes better, and our area has really good water, so there is no taste. I also use a Brita water filter pitcher, and I like it. I try not to be too fanatic about the purity of the water, nothing is perfect, and I used to go through all kinds of changes to get "perfect" water. No more. It is okay for me, to each his/her own. Also, I am very sensitive to caffeine, so that makes it easy for me to stay away from it.

But.... I had to wean myself off the diet Cokes, iced tea, coffee, and now I don't seem to have urinary problems... I am glad I only drink water.. Yahoooo Water! (lol)
  • frespirt1002
    frespirt1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Our tastes can be adulterated by sugar, and therefore, anything without sugar in it tastes "funny." Fake sugar is still sugar. They are heavily addictive for me.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

This, or else buy better-tasting water. Restaurants generally don't always have the best-tasting water, so order bottled water, or water with lots of ice and a wedge of lemon/slice of cucumber/strawberries.
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I like water but I also like soda water with lime juice (and vodka if I am feeling that way). It's actually pretty yummy. Tastes like Sprite but better.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    add lemon or frozen berries

or just suck it up and drink the dang nabbit water.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Some restaurants give you tap water. I ain't drinking that.

tumblr_lpm2j2i8KA1qzrwty.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Pour it into whiskey