MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    12625603593_59d255c77c.jpg

Well done - keep proving yourself wrong! Congrats again on the medal.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This thread is so wonderful. I've been in a real make-all-the-excuses (lazy) rut lately and this is just what I needed to lace up my shoes and get back in the gym.
    In for round 4.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV picture :)

401e9f37-9ae2-4817-ad6d-f748a5ce73d5_zpsb72b483a.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Sure. Just like all the rest of them. You achieve success and the next thing, you're wanting a younger, thinner model.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Sure. Just like all the rest of them. You achieve success and the next thing, you're wanting a younger, thinner model.

lol. Good thing it's a belt, and not my husband ;)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV picture :)

401e9f37-9ae2-4817-ad6d-f748a5ce73d5_zpsb72b483a.jpg

I am trying to think of ways to incorporate your belt into your exercise routine!!

Ooh ooh............Yoga stretches! Lay on your back with on knee bent. Use the belt on the bottom of the other leg straight but soft kneed to stretch the hammy

Yeah! Old belt salvaged!!! ( mine split in two!!!):laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Fitspiration2_zps8c84c47c.jpg

Another one.

I :heart: Chunkybun (although I want to dub you something else. Sexybun???) Tonight I walk zeee dawg!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    bb2da6ad-f0a1-4a5e-952b-9d2922c5c52c_zps4e59fbd9.jpg

I used to look in the mirror and hate who I saw. And really, I wasn't being fair to myself.
    I may have only lost 20 pounds (give or take), and 6 dress sizes...

BUT...
    Along my way to the body I have now, I found:
    - amazing new friends
    - my dearest beast
    - an understanding of what calories are and how my body uses them
    - an understanding of nutrition at a much better level
    - an inner strength
    - an outer strength
    - the inner badass beast

I look in the mirror now, and I am not filled with self hatred. Not because of the changes in my body, but rather, because of the changes in my heart.

Naw, youse just a skinny b!tch :wink: :laugh:

LOVE this Sandy. You look amazing, and have come so very far. I am looking for my inner badass. :drinker:
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
    There has been a lengthy thread about fitspo and how it uses unrealistic photoshopped people, and often supports unsafe practices (pushing until it's unhealthy).

One of the things that came out of it was the idea that we, the people of MFP, should create our OWN fitspos... made with unvarnished pics, and our own sayings...

And there were a number that were produced... and it is awesome!

So I'd like to spread this further... these are the ones that have been created so far... please add your own! (and keep the pics within MFP guidelines so that the thread can go for a while :-P)

I'll put mine in shortly, and will get the other people from the other thread to add theirs too!

BE INSPIRED! BE INSPIRING!

To remind us what this is about. In for more awesomeness.

ETA - for those who are just finding this thread easy links:
    Part 1: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration
    Part 2: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103771-mfp-fitspiration
    Part 3: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128928-mfp-fitspiration
    Thank you this is an amazing thread!

And a huge thank you to all who have shared your triumphant inspiration!
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When this picture was taken, it was in the 40's and raining. I still made it 50 miles!

79180523-7390-40b5-ba1c-21387abeffa5_zpsbb582633.jpg

This got me through my run today- thank you! My excuse was 'it was my leaving do last night and I was out late and had a drink or two'. However, I went to the gym, did the run, struggled to get through it today but get through it I did. So thanks as your quote kept going around in my head.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP a long time (3.5 years) and have been successful at maintaining until last fell when I regained back the weight id lost. I'm happy to report I've lost 20 lbs since the start if the year and I've gotten a new half marathon in the process! I feel great and refuse to regain the weight again--and I know I won't because this isn't a diet anymore... It's really a new mindset.

AC1B3EB6-BF43-4FA2-95E4-E6DA687E25F3.jpg
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    When this picture was taken, it was in the 40's and raining. I still made it 50 miles!

79180523-7390-40b5-ba1c-21387abeffa5_zpsbb582633.jpg

This got me through my run today- thank you! My excuse was 'it was my leaving do last night and I was out late and had a drink or two'. However, I went to the gym, did the run, struggled to get through it today but get through it I did. So thanks as your quote kept going around in my head.

:bigsmile:
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    One day... I'm going to be a Fitspiration!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

You probably already are.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Today! You are a fitspiration!

You are here.
    You are making changes to be better.
    You have a goal, and are working toward it.
    You have a why.
    You have a purpose.

You are doing more than many many many others are not - because they have a desire to change and are not acting on it.

All you need to do is put your why into words, and find the picture that suits it.

You don't need the perfect body, or the medal.... you don't need to be a lifter, or a runner.
    All you need is to be determined to be better.

Which I believe you are.

So...

GO

Put your why into words. Attach it to an image. Post it for yourself to see.
    And post it here for others... because your WHY is someone else's reason to start.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    614e9043-b0c3-4ffe-8029-a921134475f2_zpsb68b0ae9.jpg

This was made for me by my friend Sandy :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I felt the same way! Kept coming back every day and realized I am a fitspiration! I am here like Mir said. I keep coming back. It took some time but that outfit in the picture fits me again. WOOT!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    This is one of my WHYs...

2c4d0eb1-edea-405a-96e4-351966e28737_zps0552fb4c.jpg

I want that to be a good thing. :)
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I :heart: Chunkybun (although I want to dub you something else. Sexybun???) Tonight I walk zeee dawg!:drinker:
    [/quote]

You are sweet! I need to keep the "chunkybun" (short for chunkybunny) to remind me why I'm here.