Do you have a tree up yet?

Options
I do and I wish I didn't.
It's been up for a week and every morning my 4 year old gets up expecting presents to be under it. December is going to be a loooong month .. LOL
:explode:

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    Options
    goes up today. got to have one present for everybody to go under it....:glasses:
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    mine is going up tomorrow!!! daren't put any presents under though, if my kids don't get them - my dog will!!!:bigsmile:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I usually put mine up the day after Thanksgiving, but I'm just not into it this year. :( I don't know if I'll even put it up.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yep. Two of the three of mine are up. They will all go down Christmas day. I love them, but I'm always completely ready to have it put away by Chrismtas. :)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yep. Two of the three of mine are up. They will all go down Christmas day. I love them, but I'm always completely ready to have it put away by Chrismtas. :)
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    We have 2 as well.
    The main family tree and my daughter has her own 3 foot pink one.
    I'm so glad our cats leave the trees alone. This is their first Christmas and I was imagining them climbing the tree and getting into trouble.
  • wittlemunchkinx
    Options
    :P shouldn't be up until the first of December :P!
    x
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I put my 6ft tree up in the living room this evening with my 5 year old! I'm dreading waking up tomorrow though because my 1 yr old twins haven't seen it yet and I'm sure they're going to pull it apart! Lol...
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hear ya...just the thought of dragging the tree & ornament boxes out of the closet makes me want to curl into the fetal position...lol... Don't know if we'll put anything up either. Christmas is usually my fave holiday, but I'm so tired & we've had a stressful year, so who knows...
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We get a live tree so we won't get one for another two weeks so it's fresh for the holiday.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It's tradition for my family to put our trees up on Black Friday. :) I've only got a couple of presents so far--trying to find something for everyone, now.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    We are on our way back from Florida right now (thank goodness for my iPhone lol) so we don't have one up yet. We are planning on putting it up tomorrow :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Not yet.... my family tradition has been to wait until the weekend following my daughter's birthday (which is December 1st) - I always wanted her birthday to be special in itself instead of just some overlap of Christmas. Typically we'll get it up somewhere between the 5th and 10th - whatever weekend falls in there.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Both setting up and taking down a Christmas tree are associated with specific dates. Traditionally, Christmas trees were not brought in and decorated until Christmas Eve (24 December) or, in the traditions celebrating Christmas Eve rather than first of day of Christmas, the 23 December, and then removed the day after twelfth night (6 January); to have a tree up before or after these dates is considered bad luck.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to put one or two up today before our oldest daughter goes back to college tomorrow! I am having a hard time with the Holidays this year...... my first year without my Mom.... I am trying my best to keep my spirits up for my family.... but inside, I'm broken hearted.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yup put it up last night, now I'm hoping it survives the cat and the two year old, till christmas lol
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did, I put up a small 3.5ft tree. but my 8 yr old niece wanted it so I gave it to her. :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting until December gets here before I put mine up.
  • HappyDee10
    Options
    Just put up the baddest disco tree ever! It has white and multi-colored LED lights that perform these crazy light shows. Or you can set them on steady but for now we are enjoying the show!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Mines been up since Thanksgiving night. :happy: My kids (5, 4 & 2) haven't expected, and won't expect, presents under our tree this year. They know we're spending the night at Grandpa & Grandmas house for Christmas this year & Santa will come down THEIR chimney. :laugh: :laugh: I'm so happy, bc seriously, last year it was almost daily "is santa coming tonight?!" The 500 calendars & countdown things around the house did NO good. :laugh: