NO starch, no sugar, no results! HELP!

Options
Day 21, and only about 3 lbs lost, none in the last 12 days. I keep thinking that I'm going to break through any day, but no luck. I'm about to give up.
Typical day is around 1500 calories, Protein from chicken, fish, pork roast, eggs, occasional bacon. Veggies, mostly broccoli, salad, brussels sprouts. I weigh everything. Plenty of fat. About 20-30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. 18-20 Net carbs. At least 160 oz water....
Any suggestions?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    average of 1lb per week = no results?

I suggest changing your expectations.
  • mbharper14
    Options
    Your body could still be getting use to the change, it takes awhile to get to into a rhythm.
    Also have you been losing any inches?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    More people will be able to help if you open your food diary.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 21, and only about 3 lbs lost, none in the last 12 days. I keep thinking that I'm going to break through any day, but no luck. I'm about to give up.
    Typical day is around 1500 calories, Protein from chicken, fish, pork roast, eggs, occasional bacon. Veggies, mostly broccoli, salad, brussels sprouts. I weigh everything. Plenty of fat. About 20-30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. 18-20 Net carbs. At least 160 oz water....
    Any suggestions?

Keep it up!!!!. It takes time but it sounds like you are on the right track.
  • Espressogal10
    Options
    That's crazy! Have you tried being gluten and processed grain free? That sounds like a lot of vegetables to help you with any inflammation problems you might have. Don't eat 'diet' foods. They're horrible for inflammation. I love the Atkins bars and Diet Mountain Dew and sugar free Russell Stover's chocolates! But when I eat them, I see NOOOOO results. Just steady weight, with no loss. Okay, I realize that may not be anything you're doing. Just trying to think of anything that could possibly help. Oh, and I mentioned gluten and processed grains, because I have to give those up in order to lose weight. My body just can't handle them. It loves them so much it wants to keep them all forever in a nice cushy padding across my mid section. They also cause my intestines to become inflamed and swollen.

Start putting fresh lemon or lime juice in your water, if you don't already. And drink one glass with some organic apple cider each day.
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a lot of weight to lose in the first place then it's a slower process vs someone who is trying to lose 100lbs or more. I agree though what's so bad about your current progress? Losing is losing and it's a long *kitten* marathon not a sprint to the finish.
  • nanadayana
    Options
    You are doing fine. Be patient. Your body is adapting to the changes. Don't push yourself too hard. I think you have to let go the greed of wanting more than what your body can do for you when you have already did your very best.

Just stay committed to your plan. Someday, you'll get to your target weight.
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's crazy! Have you tried being gluten and processed grain free? That sounds like a lot of vegetables to help you with any inflammation problems you might have. Don't eat 'diet' foods. They're horrible for inflammation. I love the Atkins bars and Diet Mountain Dew and sugar free Russell Stover's chocolates! But when I eat them, I see NOOOOO results. Just steady weight, with no loss. Okay, I realize that may not be anything you're doing. Just trying to think of anything that could possibly help. Oh, and I mentioned gluten and processed grains, because I have to give those up in order to lose weight. My body just can't handle them. It loves them so much it wants to keep them all forever in a nice cushy padding across my mid section. They also cause my intestines to become inflamed and swollen.

Start putting fresh lemon or lime juice in your water, if you don't already. And drink one glass with some organic apple cider each day.
    How can you tell your intestines are inflamed and swollen?
  • Kathyd389
    Options
    Hang in there Juliegirl, I'm in the same boat. I am sticking to 1200 cal a day and have only lost 4 pounds since I began on Jan. 7th. I too am getting discouraged but will stick with it.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    May I ask how you came to the 1500 calorie mark? The reason I ask is because until I weighed all my food and got a HRM to calculate my calorie burn more accurately, I was grossly underestimating my calories consumed and overestimating my calories burned.

It also turns out I am sensitive to sodium so I had to cut way back in order to dump the water weight. Keep up the good work, weigh everything, log everything, keep moving, and you'll see the scale move. Another thing I would recommend is take pictures and measure yourself. I went a few weeks where my inches were getting smaller, but my weight didn't budge. Despite my scale, my clothes slowly became larger and it was a fun thing to see.

Keep up the good work!
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Like many people are saying, it's hard to judge if you're not providing your current weight. On some people, the last 10lbs is the most difficult.

Depends on how much you push during your 30 min cardio sessions. Is your heart rate up or are you just walking on a treadmill?

You're eating 1500 calories but what is your recommended amount?
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

Without knowing how much weight you are trying to lose, it is hard to give any suggestions. For most, 1 lb per week is pretty good.

I think if you gave a little more info (height, weight, goal, etc.) it might help people to give you suggestions.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

OP lost three pounds in 21 days…about a pound per week …so he/she is losing weight….

none of any of this matters for weight loss….calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss..

unless OP has some kind of medical condition or gluten sensitivity...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Weightloss isn't linear. Patience
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

OP lost three pounds in 21 days…about a pound per week …so he/she is losing weight….

none of any of this matters for weight loss….calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss..

unless OP has some kind of medical condition or gluten sensitivity...

+1
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Um, with only 25ish lbs to lose you should not be trying to lose more than 1lb/week anyway, so right on target.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Um, with only 25ish lbs to lose you should not be trying to lose more than 1lb/week anyway, so right on target.

Yep.

OP, you're seeing results. The only problem here is you want them too fast.
  • SuzyQ290711
    SuzyQ290711 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my first month. I finally realized that my lifestyle this time of year is very sedentary. The only way I could get the scale to move was to consume less calories and exercise more. So, I work to stay at about 1200-1300 cals and added a few more miles to my walk each day. Slowly the scale is moving.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    to everyone giving advice to the OP …did you even read the part of her origin post where she is LOSING a pound per week …LOL …

wow - a lot of advice here on how to break a plateau that is nonexistent….
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I suggest you adjust you expectations.