Repetitive Meals

Options
2»

Replies

• donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have 2-3 food combinations that I use consistently during the week - just easier to buy/make and keep on hand...not sick of anything yet. The weekend or vacation I eat whatever will be filling and fits within my calories.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't pre-plan meals and I eat a variety of meals through out the week. Breakfast one day may be an egg sandwich, then cereal and a banana the next, then almond butter on toast, etc. Dinners are generally just whatever either my wife or I feel like making, and it can be all over the place depending on what we have in the house.

I do have several go-to dishes that I make more often though.
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Yes, i meal plan and prep for the week ahead. I know what i like and my food varies very little from day to day. The only meal that is different from day to day is my dinner, other than that it's pretty much the same stuff. Depending how I feel I may change up my lunch from week to week. Example..one week it'll be chicken breast and mixed veggies, and the next week it might be turkey and asparagus.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    I have a 2 week menu. I shop every 2 weeks as well. I have found when you have this on our fridge it could prevent you from any anxiety over what you are going to make and stress from trying to stay within macros or cals. Pretty much it makes you life easier and you get to pre log your day so you can see what room you have if you happen to want to graze.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch pretty much every day of the week. The weekend will vary, but I just haven't gotten sick of either meal yet. It's kind of nice because I know almost exactly when I'll get hungry again and how to best plan my snacks.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My lunch has very little day to day variations but dinner could be a multitude of things. Even if I ate chicken 5x one week there would be so much variation in sides & the way it was prepped that it wouldn't get old.
  • BreeJaxon
    Options
    SO fried on chicken and rice right now it's coming out of my ears next week will be a total switch up!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Do you guys ever eat enough of something to the point you never want to eat it again (For a very long time)?

I don't like apples like I used to. I don't like yogurt anymore. etc

I too eat pretty much the same thing Mon-through Sat being Sunday morning breakfast can change. I eat the same breakfast, mid morning snack, mid afternoon snack and late evening snack. My lunch/dinner changes. If I get tired of something for a moment I change it up a bit. Saturday nights can change as do Sundays.