2nd time around, looking for new friends!

Options
Last time I was here about 2 years ago I lost a good amount of weight. Then I started going through a divorce and the stress packed it on. Now I'm committed to losing that dead weight and maintaining the healthy lifestyle I started before!

Would love some new friends to keep me accountable, and to reciprocate.

Also a sidenote -- PROTEIN SHAKES. I was using a powdered whey and that seemed to work ok for me after workouts. Would you all suggest something else? Something great for women? I prefer chocolate flavor. Ironically I'm not a huge fan of chocolate but I've found the vanilla/strawberry/whatever too artificial tasting.

Many thanks and good luck to everyone with your goals!

Amy

Replies

• Jesusfan54
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck I need friends on here also so we can help each other!
  • ellbuchanan_
    ellbuchanan_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also looking for new friends to help motivate me and for me to motivate them! Added :)

Oh also about the protein shakes, my mum drinks a cup of chocolate milk after working out instead of protein shakes as it gives her all the good stuff she needs (as long as it's drunk in moderation haha) I personally haven't tried it so I wouldn't be able to say if it's as good as protein but it certainly works for her :)
  • CBales_05
    CBales_05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your divorce. Wishing you all the best in your new adventure!

I am back on MFP and trying really hard to stay on my healthy journey. I would love to give support and need to have extra myself. My sister would like me to join her on a half marathon in December this year. I am torn, but would like to see where I might be.

I am not any help with protein shakes. I do take Slim fast for breakfast and lunch, but only as a jumpstart for now. In the summer, after working out, I do go to the health store next to the gym and I get their protein smoothies. They are fixed with fruit and/or peanut butter. I have not had one plain.

~Carrie
  • foryoublue
    Options
    Unfortunately I am lactose intolerant so choc milk is out (and I miss it!!), but I actually have been adding the choc protein powder to my almond milk, it's so delish! :)
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Second time around for me as well! Most of the "friends" I had are gone. Couple of them I'm bummed........you can meet some pretty cool people on here.
    Feel free to add me. I want to loose about 35lbs. Which seems next to impossible to me right now!!!
    I just turned 40 and it seems I may be entering a mid life crisis. hahahaha