Best Snacks/Foods to Feel Full?

Options
Having changed my diet, I always feel hungry more frequently. I've been eating almonds and Fiber one bars, but that's no fun and they're not very filling. What else could I eat?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Fill up on veggies! Almonds are great, but if you're snacking on them absent-mindedly you can easily go over on calories.

Lately my go-to snacks have been:

fat-free plain greek yogurt with fruit in it
    seaweed salad
    veggies and hummus
    bananas
    egg on toast (with spinach and tomatoes)

make sure you're accurately measuring things and you're good to go!
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Less fatty nuts like almonds or pistachios.. Shakeology, special K,... Anything high fiber or high protein... Eggs, sting cheese....
    Anything with no or little added sugar.. Limit dairy!!!
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on wholemeal bread / fruity ryvita / malt loaf with berry and almond toppings... you can get peanut butter for around 42 calories per tablespoon, i have a tablespoon every other day... i also find promax lean bars keep me feeling full for at least 3 hours
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Get some veggies like carrots, celery, peppers etc and have them with hummus. YUM!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hitting your water and protein goals you will likely stay hungry. I like 3 sticks of celery dipped into 2 tbsp rondele herb cheese. Around 55 calories and a cup and a half volume. But the big question if you are meeting your nutrition goals is....are you just bored or stressed and wanting to medicate with food
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Less fatty nuts like almonds or pistachios.. Shakeology, special K,... Anything high fiber or high protein... Eggs, sting cheese....
    Anything with no or little added sugar.. Limit dairy!!!

Why no almonds or dairy? Almonds are high in protein and fat, which definitely keep me full. A glass of whole milk with any meal, especially breakfast helps keep me fuller way longer.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything with protein and/or fiber. A mix of both is best.
  • allikat399
    allikat399 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy, but on days when I've already hit all my goals for the day but I'm still in the mood to graze... gerber graduates are great. They don't have a lot of additives and They are super low in calories. I go for the yogurt melts and the lil crunchies. It can satisfy your need for crunch or something sweet after dinner.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    I am pre menses so I am craving carbs like crazy. My go to is an apple with a serving of nuts. Perfect mix of carbs, fiber and protein to give you that satiated feeling between meals.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I eat something with protein when I'm hungry. I have sliced deli cheese that's only 60 calories a slice, I'll eat that and an apple for a snack. I only get real hunger pangs in the afternoon.

I also drink a crapload of water, that's my biggest weapon against hunger. Water water water.
  • NoirDancer
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses! You guys are awesome.