Nerds and Geeks only please

Options

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Haha I love it, my boyfriend and I said when we get married we need some geeky-ness or it just wouldn't be us, first idea was someone dressed as Frodo...as the ring bearer. Obviously the wedding rings need to be like the one ring...
    Hahaha, that would be awesome!!!

My wife and I were just married in June of last year. She is not a nerd and, knowing this, I threatened a LOTR-themed wedding for about four months prior to the event. We talked about a Frodo bearing the ring; every time she asked what I wanted, I said "the one ring, morder etchings and all; and I even threatened to make her Dad dress up like Gandalf, my Dad dress up like Aragorn, myself dress up like an Elf, etc. I guess she knew I was too lazy to pull it off, but you all know it would be the mad nooch if someone actually pulled it off!

That would be wonderful, I considered some of the elvish headbands on etsy as part of my outfit, the problem is my boyfriend and I like too many geeky things to pick a solid theme, I also want the whole wedding party in converse and for my boyfriend to dress like the tenth doctor potentially haha. I could be like Donna in her wedding dress, ha! But along with lord of the rings we'd be tempted to also include Star Wars and doctor who, and Harry potter lol. Either ways it's guaranteed there will be some sort of subtle (or not so subtle...) geeky theme. We even discussed replacing the theme to walk down the aisle with a Jurassic park theme instead.. :love:

I think you could easily pull of a unified theme. Just make it all geek! Your wedding would look like a Smash Bros. cage match. The crowd would be like Link, Storm Troopers, Mario, Gandalf, Dr. (jk) Who, Bowser, Zelda, DK and Diddy, Mr. Sulu, barrels of tribbles (whatever they are from ST, I'm no Trekkie), a gigantic 7-foot Predator walking around, maybe Conan the Barbarian, definitely half-naked men wielding swords, etc. I think the randomness would unify it.

Also, if that ever happens, can I pay to come and at least have a guy video tape it?
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I like to think I'm a nerd! I love reading and used to volunteer in a museum lol. I used to be a gamer way back in the day too haha
  • GrantTLC
    Options
    Aargg. Replies are tagged on the end of the thread??? Oh well, better this to say something interesting, then!

um...
  • GrantTLC
    Options
    Do Whovians count?

Only up to 12! ;)
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Doctor...Dr...Doc....Doctor...

Who?

Its really more like an Ed.D. rather than an M.D. right? I mean he uses a screwdriver...

My doctor flies around in a midbulk transport, standard radion-accelerator core, classcode 03-K64, Firefly.

(j/k with lots of love to you Whovians)

edit to add: (PS I love my Ed.Ds out there as well given that will be my terminal degree)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Final Fantasy, world of warcraft, Diablo 3, Fable, Skyrim, Samurai Champloo, DBZ, Fullmetal alchemist, naruto, game of thrones, true blood, legend of Zelda, lotr, xmen, teen titans...I could go on but these are some of my favorite thiiiiings
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    It annoys me so much when people put Dr Who.... Please The Doctor or even Doctor Who but never, ever dr who. Ever. Like... Ever :grumble:

Dr-Who-William-Hartnell.jpg
  • CaptJackDaniels
    CaptJackDaniels Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What? Someone said geek/nerd. I thought you were, like, reaching out for my soul. Excellent...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i dead lift in my favorite battlestar galactica Colonial double-tank and my work outs are inspired by Batman
  • MarkieMarko
    MarkieMarko Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ^^ mmorpger all, any, always - HORDE =) multiple 90s, multiple servers 1 allie spy ^^ orly.
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    I don't know where I belong. I wrote my first computer program when I was 11 and I've played MUDs for years before any of these graphic MMORPGs. I'm not a "hip geek". So I really don't know if I should answer this calling :-)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Um, there is something inherently wrong with this post. What the hell is wrong with pubs?! I get my geek on at pubs; pub trivia! Plus, I like beer, and I pretend to be a craft beer geek.

I have made great strides in my nerdom this week though. I was finally able to prioritize my time and only play video games for a few hours and actually get some stuff done like dishes and laundry. You know, because sometimes that stuff is important...

There is something wrong here; when did nerds and geeks become an exclusive club?! There are probably more of my non-geek friends who know about my latest DnD character than my geek friends. Of my less than nerdy friends will come up and say something like, "I just saw the Wolverine movie and I thought he got his claws in that lab place.", and I will say "let me cure that ignorance." As nerds and geeks, it is our duty, our privilege, to welcome all. To break down these barriers and let everyone know that it is okay to roll a 1 from time to time! Just don't let the dice hit the floor. NEVER....let the dice hit the floor.

F THAT! You know how frustrating it is seeing the same people that used to beat me up for reading comics talking about how much they loved The Avengers?? I very much dig that all things nerdy are finally getting their proper respect. But unless you know what the Tesseract Cube was ORIGINALLY called I don't want to hear how big a fan you are of Marvel...by which you mean 3-4 blockbuster movies that everyone loved. I was there during the hard times, man! I bought my 6 copies of X-Men 1 so I could get all the holograph cards. I remember the days when you couldn't even get decent super hero cartoons, much less feature films. I had to watch as the Hulk turned gray and Spider-Man had a thousand ****ty clones. I paid my dues!

Now I gotta see hot girls put on fake glasses and pretend to be nerds, because they think Robert Downey Jr. is hot. Get outta my treehouse!! No stoopid girlz allowed!!

:glasses: :explode: :glasses: :angry: NERD RAGE!!

(please don't take this seriously)

the clone saga was the sh****est thing to happen to spider-man... until they put doc ock mind in his body. thankfully that is supposed to end soon.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    As a fellow geek I would be more than happy to add you! :)
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't know where I belong. I wrote my first computer program when I was 11 and I've played MUDs for years before any of these graphic MMORPGs. I'm not a "hip geek". So I really don't know if I should answer this calling :-)

MUDS!! Aardwolf junkie here. I loved it.
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options

A little bit of ZombieMUD and waaaaaay too much BatMUD for me :-)
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a Buffy shirt in my profile pic, that counts for something right?

Let me see, I play video games (Mass Effect and Dragon Age are my favorites), I've read A Song of Ice and Fire twice, and I ship evvvverrryyyyything that can be shipped. I get ridiculously too into my fandoms (Buffy, aSoIaF and lately Once Upon a Time).

I also like pubs though. I can only be me, stop trying to put a label on it!!! :p (jk)
  • j_bark
    Options

A little bit of ZombieMUD and waaaaaay too much BatMUD for me :-)

WoTmud for many many years. Wound up as an admin there. :P
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I am a huge geek. My husband and I LOVED the Titanfall beta, and I actively cosplay and go to conventions. If it's nerdy, it's me!
  • j_bark
    Options
    Pub geeks are the best...
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Work as a QA Manager. I am fan of dr who, red dwarf, starwars, startrek, marvel,DC, supernatural, game of thrones anything geeky..

Feel free to add..

Russ