Mmmmmmm... Alcohol!

Options

Replies

• phathousecat
    phathousecat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The bar I frequent has cranberry ginger kombucha on tap.... So I drink kombucha and gin! :love:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Margaritas!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

20090929dallas-drink.jpg
  • ZaftigBetty
    ZaftigBetty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary's, Vodka + Diet Tonic, Tequila shots, Vodka + Sprite Zero. There's other alternatives. I mean Michelob is under 100 calories per bottle.
  • cmk9191
    cmk9191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bubbles like prosecco or dry brut are lower calorie too! They won't stain your teeth =)
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    When out I tend to go with whatever the guest hand pulled ales are. Joys of being in Yorkshire. At home, I'm a single malt collector, but tend to reserve that for tasting nights. I'll usually have some wine of an evening in.

Where in Yorkshire are you?
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1 oz Firefly Tea Infused Vodka (66 calories) with 1 packet of Crystal Light Lemonade. Mix in large glass, add Ice & fill with cold water. Very yummy! Tastes like Ice Tea/Lemonade and very refreshing!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I don't drink.

But Skinnygirl makes low calorie vodka, wine, and ready-to-serve cocktails.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My current poison of choice is Fireball Whiskey - Neat or On Rocks.

Another good staple for the Margarita fans is Tequila with Crystal Light Margarita Mix. Not bad for 70-something calories a glass
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    vodka tonics with lemon.

Or wine b/c I just love wine. I'll take a nice buttery chardonay please!
  • chaniebee
    chaniebee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Usually Captain and Diet Coke.... diet soda has zero calories and gets you drunk faster (((:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I would never be able to give up my red wine.

I just make it fit, or don't. Whichever.

That being said, naked grape wines tend to be a little bit lower in calories than some others. I think you can also get a brand called "skinny grape" or "skinny girl" wines. Which are advertised as lower calorie options.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vodka, Diet Tonic, Lime on ice - only around 70 calories (short glass)
  • MissMeMandaLee
    MissMeMandaLee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Captain and diet coke, or raspberry Smirnoff and Fresca have been my go to's lately. I also like my Pinot Grigio. I have been buying Bota Box brand lately, because its a little lower in calories, and a little higher in alcohol percentage, so its a win-win for me. lol. Plus, the little individual box is only 3 glasses, so that keeps me from pouring a fourth when I'm fuzzy and warm with wine. lol. Nothing better when I 'm sore as hell from the gym, than to lie in a hot Epsom salt bath, with a glass of cold wine, close my eyes and sip. :) Very relaxing! :)
  • fitnesslover74
    fitnesslover74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A couple folks have mentioned Rum and DIet Coke. I tried a Whiskey and Diet Coke recently. It was certainly a change for me since I am partial to candy bar martinis! My husband likes a good Gin and Tonic. This link lists some options:

http://lifehacker.com/5896806/which-alcoholic-drinks-are-healthiest
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I love how these threads are typically started on Friday mornings.

getdrunknotfat.com has plenty of options out there, too. AND there are beer calculators based on ABV as well.
  • MissMeMandaLee
    MissMeMandaLee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    when I'm out, its flavored vodka (orange, raspberry,lime, whatever they have lol) and soda water. :) Not too sweet, but just right. I count each as 70 -80 calories depending on the brand of vodka. I think Smirnoff raspberry is 69 cals per 1 oz. Keep in mind, as a former bartender, I know for a fact that most bars overpour!
  • Drietovenares
    Drietovenares Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka/Soda Water/Lemon/Lime and call it "Adult 7up". If you squeeze the lemon and lime in it really does taste like 7up. I am really a whiskey and beer girl but that's a bad combination when you are trying to lose weight.

Hard liquor is the least calories but be sure to consider this...

If you mix it with Soda or a high calorie juice, you might as well drink beer or wine. Soda water and a splash of your favorite juice will keep the calories down but still give you the flavor you want.

Vodka and Gin tend to be the quickest to metabolize because other liquors such as Rum and Whiskey have more sugar in them. Comparing Vodka/Gin to Rum/Whiskey is like comparing carrots/cauliflower to soy beans/potatoes. They are all vegetables but some cost you more to metabolize.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Berry vodka + soda or vanilla vodka + diet coke are my low-cal choices, but keep in mind a standard bar shot is 1.5 oz (~105 calories), not 1oz.

Tequila shots. High quality stuff you can sip on.

Red wine. A LOT of red wine. And NOT Skinny Girl. Good wine is worth the calories.

Good craft beer. It may be as high as 300 calories, but I don't drink it like water if it's rich.
  • allym11
    Options
    Usually Captain and Diet Coke.... diet soda has zero calories and gets you drunk faster (((:

^^This! I usually always drink Captain with diet coke or Pepsi, or I drink Canadian Club with either of the diet pops. Yummy, and super low in cals too
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Beer beer and more beer... and some cider.

Typically darker beer, stouts and porters, are my favorite. (Left Hand Nitro Stout!)
    The light stuff has its place too.