Chocolate

Options
So I am a huge chocolate lover and I am finding it very hard to stay away from it right now. Not good. Does anybody know of any chocolate recipes or snacks that I could have that won't make kill my calorie goal for the day? Thanks!!

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Cocoa-Roast almonds
    Sugar Free Jello

Fiber One bars
    Nature Valley dark chocolate granola bar (1)

Light Hot Chocolate (or microwaved soy/almond chocolate milk)
    a very few chocolate chips (I use the mini ones) stirred into oatmeal
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love cocoa roast almonds... they taste like they're covered in Cocoa Puff dust. Mmmmmmm...

Get some chocolate covered cocoa nibs. They're tiny, like a calorie each. Throw five in your mouth when you're craving that chocolate taste. They're bitter chocolate, so you don't need to eat a lot of them.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have to say the sugar free dark chocolate pudding may be one of the tastiest things ever. But I usually want more.

Another great thing is dark chocolate covered espresso beans, they are low in calories and a few go a long way! Also they are all natural. I definitely feel like the s/f jello makes me crave more and more junk because of the chemicals. But if you can exhibit self control, its good.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Cocoa-Roast almonds
    Sugar Free Jello

Fiber One bars

Cocoa Roast Almonds!!! They are good!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The Jello Mousse Temptations are great. Only 60 calories and usually satisfies my desire for a dessert. The dark chocolate and mint chocolate flavors are the BEST. The regular chocolate is not as good, and I like the caramel one, but it's clearly not chocolate. :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have one square of dove dark chocolate every day after lunch. It is about 45 calories, and small, so pretty calorie dense, but it satisfies my craving for dessert and/or chocolate.

In the evenings I love the dark chocolate jello mousse temptations. 60 calories.
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try this.. it's absolutely delicious!!
    Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
    1 can pure pumpkin
    1 box spice cake mix
    1 cup water
    1 tsp vanilla
    1.5 tsp cinnamon
    --add a few chocolate semi sweet chips (i'd say 5 or 6 a muffin)
    Bake in muffin papers for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
    Under 120 calors per muffin. Not back for a snack/dessert and you get a good fruit in there- the pumpkin!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    sweet riot chocolate nibs-i use a tsp in greek plain yogurt.... yumm , for my sweet and salty cravings i get nabisco 100 calorie snack pack chocolate covered pretzels
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If I have a spoon of Nutella on wheat toast a couple of times a week it pretty much eliminates my choco craving! SOOOO delicious.
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Fiber One bars are good. So are granola bars. There's Special K Chocolately delight cereal and Skinny cow ice cream. These things have helped me with cravings. Also if you like mint there is a new kind of gum...extra mint chocolate chip
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Cocoa-Roast almonds
    Sugar Free Jello

Fiber One bars

Cocoa Roast Almonds!!! They are good!
    I have yet to find those in stores...where should I be looking for them, in what area I mean? Thanks!:wink::flowerforyou:

A couple squares of dark chocolate works to chill my chocolate craving I think that works unless you're a dark chocolate fan, which I'm not. So overeating dark chocolate will simply never happen for me:laugh: That's why I don't pick the ones I used to eat when overweight (milk chocolate). I chose to pick a chocolate that I would enjoy it melting on my tongue, get the satisfaction but not be eating the whole thing in one sitting.:tongue::blushing:

I keep a bar in the freezer, dark chocolate with red hot chili peppers is a fun one! They have all sorts Lavender etc. Fun to check them out and feel safe buying them since the whole thing won't be gone.:wink:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I get the mousse things that Jell-o makes. Very good and only 60 calories. Weight Watchers has 100 calorie ice creams, so does Klondike.
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When warm weather is here I really like the WW Giant Fudge Bars. Its almost just like eating chocolate ice cream.
    Coold weather I have a cup of Diet Swiss Miss at night. Both of those really help me with my chocolate fix.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    What about a light hot chocolate drink?
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips. They are in the baking aisle. If you just each one chip at a time you can get a pretty good chocolate fix for not too much damage!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You can find the cocoa almonds in with the other nuts at the grocery store. Emerald's should be illegal. I saw another brand in the store too, but don't remember what.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I saw this post this morn and then got an email from Healthy America today for chocloate lovers recipes - I have not looked at them, but you might want to!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/search.aspx?criteria=eight-chocolate-treats&WT.dcsvid=MzYwNTQ2NDA2MAS2&rvrin=DCFDE9FA-437B-4BDE-8EBE-479DADD69A0A&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_EBA_2010_12_01_Cookie_Feature
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, you like chocolate flavored pastries and desserts (chocolate brownies, chocolate chip cookies, ect.). Since I've found out I'm gluten-intolerant, I've tried a lot of GF treats. I find that they make me fuller faster, and the chocolate is almost always pure and dark, so the craving for carob is gone.
    Here's some to try (my personal favorite is first):
    http://www.shoporganic.com/product/pamelas_dark_chocolate_chunk_cookies/cookies - You can find these at Safeway, Whole Foods, ect.
    http://www.amazon.com/WOW-Baking-Chocolate-Cookies-Natural/dp/B0029B1NKO - WOW always does a really good job. Being from Seattle, I'm proud of this local company and what they do. Also, side note, when I first tried one I thought they were MOM cookies (read them upside down). In my house they are MOM, not WOW cookies ;P
    Also, take a minute to think. Do you like just chocolate, like creamy chocolate? or do you like coffee, spices, toffee, and chocolate? Try to find if coffee helps the chocolate craving (to prevent a high fat intake, ect.)
    Good luck!
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    Personally, I choose to treat myself with my FAVORITE chocolate (here its : belgium milk chocolate almonds :love: ), but I eat only a small amount (=100 calories). Thats the most clever way to do it (well, to me!). If I just eat low-cal chocolate products, I end up eating too much because they dont satisfy me enough. :ohwell: