Hi, everyone!

Options
I figured I might as well introduce myself, so here we go: I'm currently a twenty year old nursing major, and I joined this site because, seven months after the birth of my first child, I decided it was time to make a change.

See, I've never been a small girl. Not heavily overweight, but I've always battled belly/back fat and love handles galore. I've never had self esteem and have always hated my appearance. Well, after my pregnancy and the depo shot, I started to grow even more sour toward myself, and a month ago, I realized if you don't like something about yourself, change it.

Since then, I've been on my way to eating healthy and exercising as much as possible. I've lost nearly twelve pounds so far, so I must be off to a good start!

As far as hobbies and personal interests go, I'm a total geek and obsess over video games/comics/manga and cosplay/regularly attend conventions. These hobbies are hard to maintain as a mother, though!

I'm looking forward to growing active both in my life and in this community. :)

Replies

• LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to MFP. You are off to a good start!!!!

So what video games do you like? I play them quite a bit too in between work and school.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi,

So what video games do you like? I play them quite a bit too in between work and school.

Thank you!

I love RPGs. I've always played Pokemon, but I also love games like Bioshock, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising, The Last of Us... There are so many! I recently played the Titanfall beta, which has me pumped for the actual release!

What do you play? :)
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    One and only black ops 2 a lil Ghost not a fan of it real though..
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    One and only black ops 2 a lil Ghost not a fan of it real though..

I didn't play much of Ghosts. :/ Modern Warfare 2 was my favorite CoD, but Black Ops was cool too.
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you!

I love RPGs. I've always played Pokemon, but I also love games like Bioshock, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising, The Last of Us... There are so many! I recently played the Titanfall beta, which has me pumped for the actual release!

What do you play? :)

Oooh I like Devil May Cray. I am more into RPG's. I'm playing Oblivion, I love the Sims games, can hardly wait until SIms 4 comes out. I also play a few games on my iPad. Going to get Skyrim one of these days. Never tried Bioshock, might have to try it. I like quiz games too. And a few shooter games and hunting games.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    [/quote]

Oooh I like Devil May Cray. I am more into RPG's. I'm playing Oblivion, I love the Sims games, can hardly wait until SIms 4 comes out. I also play a few games on my iPad. Going to get Skyrim one of these days. Never tried Bioshock, might have to try it. I like quiz games too. And a few shooter games and hunting games.
    [/quote]

I've always loved Elder Scrolls games. They're highly addictive! And don't get me started on Sims. I can easily waste several hours I that game.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all good luck on your goals... add me for support.

did someone say Bio shock?
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Best RPG's reside on the Nintendo 16-bit. However, the original PC version of Baldur's Gate is a keeper!
  • meganwinx
    meganwinx Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I've always loved Elder Scrolls games. They're highly addictive! And don't get me started on Sims. I can easily waste several hours I that game.

I also waste several hours on the sims games myself lol...Def addicting. ever since I got into the Steam community I cant get enough of it. I also play pokemon and a few other games as well. For weightloss help though Ive gotten back into DDR ( Dance Dance Revolution) and Just Dance series. So much fun and really great cardio!
    Youre welcome to add me! I love new support friends!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    the original PC version of Baldur's Gate is a keeper!

Best RPG EVER!! Any game where you get to kill Drizzt is a win. Sucks that he remembers you killed him in BG2.
  • kyaya9
    Options
    Hiyaaaaa everyone!
    Joined a while back but never actually used this! So joining properly!
    I'm 21 year old SAHM, with a 13 month old boy. Decided enough is enough and need to lose 2 stone along with my mummy tummy!!!!
    I am into anime, manga, reading, and bunnies!!! I'm a kid at heart lol.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    There's a great group for you to join that won't let me in. Girls Gone Geek. I'm friends with a couple of the ladies on that web site and they are very like-minded.

Feel free to add me, if you like. I'm pretty dorky, but I don't stack up to anyone who's into Cosplay, Manga, Anime, or who have been hardcore for a while.

I'm more of the English literature, comic books, beer brewing, cooking, drinking, video-gaming type of person. I'm sure I'm also a dork about Star Wars and LOTR, but that's not really the measure of a true nerd, these days. Same goes for many of us obsessed with successful films about Marvel characters. You have to be pretty OG to call yourself a geek in that respect.