How Can I lose my beer belly?

Options

Replies

• keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A "beer" belly is not just for beer drinkers. I have been a teetotaller my whole life but I have a belly from compulsive overeating. I inherited my body type from my mother. Only when I got to really fighting trim did it go away completely. I look at photos of myself from those days and can only marvel. Lots of weight training behind that transformation, plus step aerobics and low-fat diet. (this was back when low-fat diets were the rage).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Reduce the amount of beer you're drinking? Eat at a calorie deficit? Those are 2 legit ways to lose fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I have a problem with your first statement....but it's more of a personal problem...

Anyway, OP....belly fat is primary storage...very, very, very last to go....very stubborn too.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    GIve up food. Keep drinking beer.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm involved with Greek life via college for over 20 years and I hear the beer belly problem.

college is only four years long. what's taking you so long?

I'm on the alumni board lol... So I'm at a lot of events and host even more. Needless to say, I'm around lots of beer lol.

Also, had no idea about Guinness having less calories.... Haza!! BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER!!!

I also like give up food, drink beer!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us." -Ben Franklin
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've got post-pregnancy belly. Fat loss and core work are what I'm trying.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Drink more beer,more beer fixes everything

baa1651a81a5c9547ee63e98c2aa08c6cdcc05fb7ca15f996126272342178d69.jpg
  • Iconx11
    Options
    Plot Twist I don't drink beer -.-
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

181291_original.gif
  • Iconx11
    Options

181291_original.gif

Ok I don't legally drink beer :p
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Calories-Popular-Beers-1504697

Ba-BAM!! this has nutritional info for lots of popular beers. Hope this helps and clears up some debates.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'd rather bring a keg to the party than a six pack ;-)

Now seriously, I'm involved with Greek life via college for over 20 years and I hear the beer belly problem. I do cardio and sit ups, but I also cut back my "whole" beer intake and go now with light beer or lighter colored beer. I steer clear now of the Guinness (except for St. Patricks day lol) and drink more Sam, Molson, LaBatt Blue LIght ( <-- my go to light beer, sooo good!!). I also cut back on the sweet drinks and now prefer a mixed drink with diet (gross) soda or just shoot some premium spirits.

Its hard to do especially when your nickname is "Beer Wench" so drinking light beer goes against that a bit but it's all moderation too. If I know I'm gonna go out and go hard on the beer I take it easier on the food calories during the day. (Salad, lean meat, no crabs... ).

Also, watch what you eat after a heavy drinking session... that's where I gained weight. Nothing taste better after a night of drinking then a sub or onion rings or pizza.... Once I started taking in easy on that stuff too I noticed a reduction in belly fat.

Good Luck!!

Do you realize Guinness has less calories than the other beers you mentioned?

Thank you you beat me to that response......
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Use the site. Count your calories and set realistic goals for yourself where you are less apt to get discouraged and quit so you can succeed! Eat less, move more and drink less beer. Good luck!
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump... i have a a pooch, no beer in there just junk food :laugh:
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I realize this is an old thread but I'm so happy after a quick google search I find MFP has already addressed it :bigsmile:

Sitting here after a long day and all I wanted was a beer but I'm afraid of that "beer belly" but alas calorie deficit!! And yes I am within my calories drinking this ice cold beer. Cheers :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are welcome!
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking beer.
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For the long term heavy drinkers, know that cirrhosis of the liver can also lead to the big belly. Ever see the guy who is skinny every where and has the big belly, chances are he has thrashed his liver.
  • ryandori
    ryandori Posts: 2
    Options
    I recently started drinking green coffee with ginger 20 minutes before eating breakfast... I actually feel like it may have helped me loss a few pounds.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I recently didn't stop drinking beer! And I feel amazing! I recommend everyone try not stopping drinking beer. It really helped me.