Should I just accept my set point?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lexandrei
    Options
    I was very happy with my body last year. It was mostly lean mass and almost no fat. Now I have more muscle but more fat as well. I don't want to lose the gains I made though which is why I'm hesitating to slash calories like I did last year.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I was very happy with my body last year. It was mostly lean mass and almost no fat. Now I have more muscle but more fat as well. I don't want to lose the gains I made though which is why I'm hesitating to slash calories like I did last year.

Before you start slashing calories, start logging accurately. Cutting calories is a guessing game if you don't have a handle on how many you're consuming right now.
  • Lexandrei
    Options

Before you start slashing calories, start logging accurately. Cutting calories is a guessing game if you don't have a handle on how many you're consuming right now.
    I'm trying the best I can now. The thing is I'm a university student and I take my meals in the dining hall. It'd be kind of weird to be lugging my scale and measuring cups in. And I'm not super sure what's in my food as well. We have a nutrition website but I know they make mistakes.