Feeling Pretty Sad Right About Now

Options
I was just told by someone I barely know that their nephew (who I met in passing for all of two minutes) apparently is in love with me because he likes him a bigger woman and id keep him warm at night. The woman kept saying how her nephew just likes him a nice, big woman because there is a lot more to love and more cushion for the pushin. Needless to say I'm pretty insulted, neither of these people know me and have no right to make these comments. I think in her weird mind it was a compliment, but I gotta say it did a number to my self esteem today. Basically, all she kept doing was calling me fat....thanks for pointing out something really obvious that I've been working really hard to change.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I was just told by someone I barely know that their nephew (who I met in passing for all of two minutes) apparently is in love with me because he likes him a bigger woman and id keep him warm at night. The woman kept saying how her nephew just likes him a nice, big woman because there is a lot more to love and more cushion for the pushin. Needless to say I'm pretty insulted, neither of these people know me and have no right to make these comments. I think in her weird mind it was a compliment, but I gotta say it did a number to my self esteem today. Basically, all she kept doing was calling me fat....thanks for pointing out something really obvious that I've been working really hard to change.

did she actually call you fat?
    what did you say back to her?
  • nypd1231
    Options
    She kept saying, when you're a fat girl you take what you can get.....my response to her was "I already have someone to keep warm at night, thanks" and just walked out
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    People are idiots. Don't take it to heart. Next time you see her tell her you have a friend who likes really stupid people and he has a major crush on her. :flowerforyou:
  • Iconx11
    Options
    If I were you I would get pumped up to lose more weight and burn more fat
    Take it as a challenge :p
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Barf. Some people are idiots.
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    People are idiots. Don't take it to heart. Next time you see her tell her you have a friend who likes really stupid people and he has a major crush on her. :flowerforyou:

agreed...dont listen to this crazy woman, brush it off and focus on you
  • nypd1231
    Options
    It does make me upset, but at the same time it does motivate me to stick to my goals and keep working hard!
  • nypd1231
    Options

Haha thanks for making me laugh, makes me feel better!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a charmer! Made me think of the Winston Churchill story:

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

You are working hard to be fitter and you'll get there. And she will always be an ugly/thoughtless idiot.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people say things without thinking (or don't think about how what they're saying might be interpreted by someone else). Use it as motivation and you'll be the last one laughing :)
  • jtops77
    Options
    Some people really don't know what their saying until they've said it, and in your case she still didn't know it was an insult. I understand that in some situations, its hard to stick up for yourself in fear of 'making it awkward' or 'creating a scene' (i've been there...). In the aftermath, all I can think of is "I should have said this... why didn't I say that!".

I've learned though that dwelling on those moments does more harm than good. Try and focus on the positive: You are in the process of changing your life and you don't need negativity to surround you right now. That woman will be one more person who you can look back on and say 'take that' once you've reached your goals. Use it as fuel and remember you are in charge of how you feel! Own it! You're beautiful!
  • stacienorthern3
    Options
    Your a beautiful woman, that person is rude & ignorant! As much as I know it hurts try to twist it into motivation! The most successful people that ever lived had to live through moments with people like that woman, so you are in good company!
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    She kept saying, when you're a fat girl you take what you can get.....my response to her was "I already have someone to keep warm at night, thanks" and just walked out

thats so rude and ridiculous. i cant believe people behave like that.
    i would use this to help push your goals. I am sure she will have something equally as daft to say when she sees the new you.

good luck and dont mind her. x
  • Therealobi1
    Options

lol i like that
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!!. Love it.

• KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    :/ This sucks, I'm sorry *hugs*