Struggling to choose a device that is right for me...

Options
2»

Replies

• jenn8278
    jenn8278 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 for valentine's Day (at my request...he's not in the dog house!), and I love it! It's a watch-style one, and you use it with a band that your wear around your chest when you work out. You can't feel the band, but taking care of it can sometimes be annoying. However, I find the benefits outweigh the irritations.
    MFP way over-calculates calories burned (at least in my case it did). The Polar seems to be more accurate. I haven't figured out EVERYTHING about it yet, except how to do the basics...I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to keep accurate count of the calories burned!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and have been using it for over a year now. When I'd go biking last summer I would stick it on my sock, and use the calories it calculated without any manual adjustment. (The only things I haven't used it for are swimming and kayaking, although I've been tempted to put it in a ziploc bag. :laugh: )

I've always eaten back 100% of my exercise calories, and over the last year I have been able to bulk, maintain, and cut by eating over/at/under the number given me by my fitbit.

There's not much point being worried about complete accuracy because the calorie values given for food are also not insanely accurate.
  • kathym1122
    kathym1122 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Be careful with body media. Formed a rash with blisters on my arm. After doing some research I found out that I was not the only one. The company has warning in very fine print