P90X and Maintenance

Options
I'm starting the P90X system this weekend. Once the 90 days are up what is the maintenance program? Do we just whip out a random disc and go for it until we get back to what we want to be?

Replies

• glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    gear up for round #2, do a hybrid, etc. Need to stay consistent with regular resistance training...just doing a random DVD here and there isn't enough.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Do it all over again baby!!! I just started round 3. You can also venture out and get some of the other Beachbody workout DVD's. Great stuff.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I just started round 3 also. You'll be surprised. When you are done, you are going to want to start again. You'll want to bring it. Trust me.
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Can I take a week or so off when I finish just to regain :). I'm a little nervous. I know i can't pass EVERYTHING on the fitness test (the chin up or pull up. I have NO upper body strength. I am hoping to do at least one by the end of the routine). I'm a bit nervous. I know it's gonna whoop my *kitten*. But I'm ready.
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    yep. I have a friend who is on his third round of p90x. when he finishes this one he's moving on to P90X plus. :) I think it will take me a while before I'm a p90x plus gal!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Can I take a week or so off when I finish just to regain :). I'm a little nervous. I know i can't pass EVERYTHING on the fitness test (the chin up or pull up. I have NO upper body strength. I am hoping to do at least one by the end of the routine). I'm a bit nervous. I know it's gonna whoop my *kitten*. But I'm ready.

You'll be surprised. I could only do 2 my first time. After the fitness test, I could 10! Now I can do about 8 wide, before I couldn't do any.
  • Teamfiregrace
    Options
    You can do another round of P90X, do P90X Plus, or do the monthly DVDs P90X One on One (you get a new DVD in the mail every month). Good luck!