2,000 calories an hour workout..

Options
13»

Replies

• noahsampeer1
    noahsampeer1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    According to my heartrate monitor, I run off 1500 for an hour long 10k.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lol I wish I was the flash.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Was wondering if there is a cardo-workout that can burn 2,000 calories an hour?

If you could burn 2000 calories in an hour, you would obliterate the world record marathon time,
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    If you can burn 2,000 in a hour, you should probably go for two hours so you can pass 3,500 calories and burn off a pound a day. At that rate, you should hit your target weight soon after you are embalmed.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    me and my daughter were just talking about this, Ive seen some people put down "cleaning house/grooving to the Ipod" in the exercise column? they did 120mins and burned 1100cals, we just walked @3.5 for 30mins and only burned 180 or so. The math just don't add up on some of the exercises

LOL, I know what you mean! I usually un-friend anyone that logs things like that as cardio...it's just ridiculous IMO!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Not unless your the Flash !:wink:

Cool, Maybe with Thermo-Genesis "Walking in the Cold Weather".. Then drinking Hot Water right after that.
    "Brainstorming". May experiment with that..

Hmmm, brainstorming... how many calories does that burn?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My HRM says i burned 130 calories in that 4 minutes...
    You didn't - you are misusing your HRM.

A typical person sprinting all out for 20 seconds will burn about 10 calories.

This is putting aside that even Usain Bolt can't go "all out" intervals for an hour....

The Olympic record for the 10k is right around 27 minutes. Set by a 130 pound runner. Who can "only" burn at ~1100 calories/hour. What the OP is asking for is physically impossible for the human body, as it has currently evolved.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This thread dates from 2010.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The most "extra exercise calories" i've gotten in a day was 1231. That was doing 1 hour of a spin class, 30min of CxWorkx, and 1 hour of Body Combat.

By "extra exercise calories" i mean over what i have my settings already on MFP, which is set at "lightly active". The calorie calculation was done by my Body Media, not by using the exercise database.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Increase your weight to about 4,800 lbs then you'll be burning 2000 calories per hour just sitting on your butt.
  • WxMstr
    WxMstr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great reply and very true. I find myself as I get in better and better shape, harder to burn the calories as time goes on and conditioning improves.
  • cmurra6745
    cmurra6745 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hahaha