Use Subtraction

Options
spikku
spikku Posts: 22 Member
Hmm, so I had a Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Wendy's today, but without mayo...

There are a couple versions of this sandwich created by members in the database, but none that matched what I had (missing sodium, 1/2 bun, stuff like that).

So, just to try, I created a food entry called:

Wendy's - Subtract Mayonnaise

It *Subtracts* 1 mayo serving from Wendy's. It actually works great, and can be used for any Wendy's sandwich with mayo :)

That way I'm not making a new food entry for everything I get without mayo!!!

Just sharing the knowledge. Maybe everyone knew about this already, I just think it's very useful.

Replies

• spikku
    Options
    Hmm, so I had a Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Wendy's today, but without mayo...

There are a couple versions of this sandwich created by members in the database, but none that matched what I had (missing sodium, 1/2 bun, stuff like that).

So, just to try, I created a food entry called:

Wendy's - Subtract Mayonnaise

It *Subtracts* 1 mayo serving from Wendy's. It actually works great, and can be used for any Wendy's sandwich with mayo :)

That way I'm not making a new food entry for everything I get without mayo!!!

Just sharing the knowledge. Maybe everyone knew about this already, I just think it's very useful.
  • LeelaStar
    Options
    That's AWESOME!! I never thought of doing it that way. Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool to think of that! Thanks!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    now that's using your noggin!:drinker:
  • spikku
    Options
    I didn't think putting negative values in the nutrition info would actually work... but it did! I hope the myfitnesspal.com programmers don't change it! :P
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Eh, a good possibilty they came back and went, "Hey, I didnt' know that would work. Cool! I mean, wait, of course I knew that...." :wink:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    What a great idea! I have had this same issue with restaurant meals and I never thought of calculating this way. Thanks!!!!:smile: