This app changed my life

Options
I have always struggled with my weight. I grew up the "big boned" and "husky" kid. I regularly exercised my whole life - lots of weights and some running and swimming, but I was always overweight. I tried "low carb" to lose the extra weight. I tried other things. Nothing worked.

Then I had kids and weight control got very tough. I see-sawed between 209 and 230 or so during my 30s. It got to the point I was afraid to weigh myself.

Then last November I was scheduled for a physical. I weighed myself the morning before - 222 lbs - November 1, 2013. I was so shocked with my weight i downloaded the app and began my journey.

Almost four months later (over the holidays) i am now 187 lbs and about 10 lbs from my goal. Last time I weighed this was early in high school. I am about 18% body fat, can run 12 miles without breaking a sweat, can bench my weight 20 times and have absolutely no clothes that fit me.

I still have many bad habits i am working on - late night snacks still a big problem - big sweet tooth - and others. But at least i know what my issues are and that i need to find a way to manage them.

The only thing i dont like about the weight loss is everyone asking me if I have cancer when they see me. It is turning me into a hypochondriac.

Replies

• MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The only thing i don't like about the weight loss is everyone asking me if I have cancer when they see me. It is turning me into a hypochondriac.

Cancer is not funny, but this is funny. I am quite sure that losing weight doesn't give people cancer so quit hypochondriacicising. lol
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your fabulous progress!! The MFP app also changed my life. Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!