Any tall women out there?

Options

Replies

• Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 5'10" and my highest weight was 255 and I wore a size 22. I now weigh 193 and I'm a size 13/14 because I have a butt and bigger thighs :/ ugh! I've been as small as a size 5/6 in high school and weighed 145ish. I don't plan on ever being that size again but I thought I looked pretty darn good at a size 8 so we will see what happens.
  • Comonemo
    Options
    Wow! Look at all the tall ladies! I'm 6' and have found my weight yo-yo-ing for the last decade. It's a bittersweet thing as I can put in 10 pds and no one really notices, however, I work my butt off to lose those ten pds- and no one notices!!! LOL (and clothes don't really fluctuate- bonus!)

At my highest weight, I was sucking in to 14's (although I lived in sweat pants). At my lowest, around 135, I was in a 6/7. Currently I am at 160, I am comfortable in 9/10's. I have a goal set for 145- even though I get shocked responses. It's really about body composition than the number- but being long and lean its totally attainable/healthy. Feel free to add me!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Very happy to add myself to the list of tall women! I'm 5'11.5" and age 48. I have traditionally carried weight in my legs and thighs but the last ten years have added weight above the belt. I am on a journey to find mental peace and discover my inner athlete. I've seen some people who have lost weight say they sometimes see their past heavy self in the mirror, even now, but in my case, I have sometimes been truly surprised to see myself (at my highest 250+) in the mirror because my internal picture of myself is that inner athlete figure. I'm at 234 now and my size 20 pants are getting pretty baggy. Even more exciting, I have been in 2XL tops for years and they are too big and are getting in my way during yoga - so I bought a LARGE tank at Costco last weekend and it fits perfectly! Disclaimer - if I had to size this top, I would have called it an XL and the XL looked like a 2XL but STILL. And I wore an XL tee that has always been a bit too small yesterday and it fit just fine. Woo hoo. The 42DD bras are also requiring me to use the tightest hooks and starting to be a little too big in the cup, so might have to also replace those - no complaining here!

I totally know what you mean about trying to comprehend the world below size 16 ... it will certainly be new terrain for me too. I've been 200+ pounds for at least 20 years...
  • Penchant4Words
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 6'1" and I started this at 285lbs. I wear a size 20 tall in jeans and XXL in workout capris but they're thankfully, starting to get a little too loose!

My husband, who is a Type 2 Diabetic, recently found out he was going to have to go on insulin and high blood pressure meds. That night was rough for both of us but the next day we turned our eating habits around and have been faithfully hitting the gym 6x a week. It's very basic, treadmill and elliptical for about an hour, but we just keep telling ourselves, it's more than we did last month. He's dropped 14 lbs so far and last week had a glowing appt at the doc's! I'm down 12 lbs and am feeling really good so far.

I'd love some more tall friends on here to share in the successful journey! Feel free to add me!

28030337.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • colleeniep
    colleeniep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Even though I am pushing 30 so I should be used to it by now, most of my friends are talking about sizes in the single digits and weights in the 100's...my end goal weight is right around 175-180 lbs.

I'm a pretty fit 6'2", currently at a comfortable size 12/some 10's and I am at 207-210 lbs (depending on the day!). It generally takes me at least 25 lbs to a size so I don't imagine I'll get much smaller than an 8. The smallest I've ever been was a 6 at 162 lbs and it just didn't look good on me, I think it's because I'm pretty large-framed. I started at 237 and a 14/some 12's last month. So far I'm down 30 lbs since the beginning of January.

Anyway, I'd love to have some fellow tall ladies to be friends with as I continue to lose weight...anyone want to add each other on here? I usually update every day.

Thank you for starting this thread! :)
  • bryterlayter
    bryterlayter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mlugo1972
    Mlugo1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I may not be as tall as all of those responding (I'm 5'8" but look 5'10"), was at my heaviest of 220lbs only about 2 weeks ago and I just restarted the weight loss progress again. 2 yrs ago I weighted 181 (size 8) and loved it but because I'm naturally really thick, my friends started to be concerned with how thin I was. I started to be concerned with how thin I started to look. When you're taller you can't and really shouldn't compare yourself to others since everyone is built differently. It's like us 'normal' people comparing ourselves to these celebs and models. They get paid to look that way and have a team of folks helping them to get and stay that way whereas we have each other for support.

I've found that what worked for me before was keeping a pair of pants in the size you want to wear hanging up for you to see every day as reminder. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i'm 6'2 and was a size 20 when i started my diet, 18stone 6lb... in 5 weeks iv'e gone down to a size 18 (17stone 5lb) you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1'' tall and currently trying to maintain my goal weight of 153-156. Would love friend requests from any fellow tall girls!
  • sjrja
    sjrja Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am about 6'1" and 225-ish right now and about a size 16. One thing that is both a blessing and a curse about being tall is that I can fit in the same size over a range of almost 20 pounds - those pounds are stretched out over a large frame. I have lost about 15 pounds, and yet I am still the same size - granted, the pants fit much better, but I am still too big to fit into the next smaller size (my petite friends seem to go down a size every 5 or 10 pounds).

My goal is about 180 and I think I would be about a 12-14 at that point - (in my youth, about 30 years ago, I weighed 145-155, and btw I was told by a modeling agency that 6-foot models weigh about 125!!! Absolutely crazy…)
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 I weighted 220 when i started. I was wearing a comfortable size 12 jeans. As tody I am 12 lbs lighter. Looking to weight 160lbs.....It will be like a dream comes true.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft as well. When I started at over 300, I was wearing a size 24/26. I'm now wearing a 16/18 and am around 230. I carry most of my weight in my belly though. I am hoping to get down to a size 12. Honestly, I can't remember a time when I was smaller than a 12 so I'd be ecstatic to get there.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'10 and 50. I started out at over 400 pounds feel free to look at my profile pics.
    Good luck to you.
    Feel free to send me a friend request always happy for a few new friends.
  • bonedacious99
    bonedacious99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job to all you ladies!! You all look fabulous and keep working hard! It takes major dedication to do what you all have done!!! I am tall at 5'9" around 130, my weight has fluctuated from 120-150. I'm focusing on building muscle .
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great thread.

I'm 6' tall. larger frame. At 225 I was a size 18. At 200 a size 16. When I was 165 I was a size 14.

I'm sure I was heavier than 225 at one point after my last pregnancy. 225 was my weight two years ago when I started MFP.

165 was my thinnest adult weight and I was thin but I did not do strength training so my only muscle was just regular young adult activity. My goal now is 175. I'd guess that is going to be at least a 14 for me unless I add some serious strength training.

Sizes are so hard. I'm 200lbs right now and I have jeans that are an 18 and tight and another pair that are a 16 and loose.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I currently weigh 159. I wear a size 10 pants and a medium top. And I'm a pear shape :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" I am straight up and down with slight hips and very long legs. Right now I am 179 size 12 pants. I am trying to get to 150 and size 10 pants. My top is small and short size M or L.

Good Luck
  • completelife
    completelife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 6' tall and currently 214 lbs, size 18 pants. I was 275 lbs at the end of my pregnancy. My goal is 170 lbs and size 10 pants. I am definitely heavier on the bottom half! I have been using a great system, but needed help tracking my eating and I just joined MyFitnessPal. Love it!
  • Isaperard
    Isaperard Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0... current (and heaviest weight) is 231. I wear a size 14/16 pants. A few years ago I got down to 160 and that was my lowest adult weight. At 160 I wore a size 10 pants and felt AMAZING. So, my goal is to get down to 160 and back into my size 10 pants. Any smaller and I'd look skeletal. As it is, my husband complained that he could feel my hip bones too much at 160 and preferred the way I looked at 170.

Great thread! It's good to hear of so many other tall women out there. I always feel like I'm all alone up here! If you want to friend me, I'd love to have a friend for mutual support. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!